“5 STARS - FANTASTIC!!”

Josef's Vegetarian Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 12 September 2012

Visited the restaurant for the first time 3 weeks ago and was blown away by both the excellent customer service and the quality of the food! Will definitely be going back every time i'm in the area!

Reviewed 11 September 2012

Been twice, and both times the best part of the meal has been the side salad served with the meal. Fresh but so different from any other place in the town a real must to try. Choice is excellent, specials always changed. Only thing is, it is a little overpriced, but will defiantly visit again.

Reviewed 29 August 2012

Fantastic, imaginative food. Well presented. Lovely decor, relaxing background music and excellent customer service.Wish there was a branch in Solihull, West Midlands...

Reviewed 22 August 2012

It's difficult to know where to begin, so ill start at the beginning.

I was greeted at the door by a charming waiter. He not only aided me to my seat, but did so in a most personable and inviting manner. i was instantly at ease and very comfortable at my table.

When i inquired about the specials that day (vegetable massimo) i was given a concise and engaging explanation of the dish (a selection of marinated vegetables), as well as kindly assisted with my drink order (sparkling chilli and lime cordial).

The Massimo, which arrived beautifully decorated on my plate, was absolutely delicious! and the portions were plentiful.

i could go on and on about the atmosphere and the music and the affordability of it all but, in short, It really was just a great first experience i had and, having just left, im itching to go back again ASAP, for another helping of the cafe's great food and great service

Reviewed 10 August 2012

In March I gave Josef's a two star review. I received an email from the owner complaining that I should have at last awarded them with a 3 star because they were a veggie establishment. One would have thought the first thing they would have offered was an apology, but alas! They did however assure me that things have improved since my initial visit. Therefore, I thought it only fair to give them another chance.

Service seems less chaotic, however there is still room for improvement. We had to catch the waitresses eye to both order and to pay. The lady on the next table waited so long, she had to go up to the till to be served. Its not as if there isn't a member of staff serving, its just that they don't make eye contact and its very frustrating, especially if you've popped in during your lunch hour, and you don't have all afternoon to waste!

The menu is much better, with more choice and the food arrives promptly. Though 'personally', I would still like to see a few 'meal' options, rather than just light lunches, something like an individual Lentil Roast or Vegetable Hotpot, or maybe a slice of Bean and Walnut Loaf.

I'm also concerned with the pricing. I would like to have tried the lentil burger but at £8.95 thought it too expensive. However, the same lady on the table beside us, who hadn't been able to get served earlier, ordered one and then told her friend it was bland. Tasty or not, its still too expensive.

However, changes have been made and you can see they are making an effort to improve things so, I will upgrade my review from a 2 star to a 3 star. Though there is still room for improvement. Especially, when there are so many restaurants and cafes in town doing it better.

Dining isn't just about the food, its about good service too – the whole package – being pampered.

Two small points:
• we didn't realise there was a 'specials' board until we got up to leave, as it was on the floor. Neither of the waitresses informed us of any specials. So, suggest you hang it on the wall or ask staff to mention it.

• I thought the cakes were a little hidden in the corner so maybe there is a better place to display them. Would be great to have them in the window to entice people in.

Overall: Josef's is quite pleasant and the staff are very friendly and chatty (when they see you!) Though for me I still think there is something missing...

1  Thank orangefx