You know what it's like when you are away in a hotel for work, the one thing you really need is a good, strong, hot shower in a morning. If that is really essential for you then, don't choose this hotel.As a few colleagues were also staying I know it wasn't just my room, but the trickle from the shower was unacceptable.
Other than that the rooms were OK, pillows not great, but I got a couple of good nights sleep. the rooms are arranged in courtyards which is quite nice, but in bad weather must be a bit grim. Breakfast was OK, service depended on who was working and ranged from the grumpy to efficient.
The hotel is a bit of a trek from the town centre
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the main route into Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, this 36 room hotel is hidden behind its Grade 2 listed walls, a stones throw from the city centre. We have a good reputation as a quality venue within East Anglia and our location makes us the ideal base for weekend breaks in the area. We are well served by the A14, two junctions (42 and 43) are just five minutes drive away, and together with our free parking for over 50 cars, we welcome both residential and non-residential guests for midweek stopovers, conferences and meetings. We pride ourselves in our customer service and staff endeavour to look after your every need. Our commitment to a high attention to detail is key to your comfort and well being. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Superbreak UK so you can book your BEST WESTERN Priory Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Bury St Edmunds
- BEST WESTERN Priory Hotel Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk