We chose this hotel as it is a Best Western Dog friendly hotel, and the one we normally stay in was booked up. We stayed in one of the courtyard rooms, overlooking the lawn, which was ideal with our 2 dogs, it wasn't huge, even though I asked for a reasonable sized room, and it was very stuffy, even with the window wide open. Nice and clean, shower took ages to heat up, and not hugely powerful, but adequate. Food good, but would suggest daily specials, as menu could get a bit boring if you were staying a few days, starters - too many fishy ones, (limited if you don't like fish), but all cooked nicely, we did ask about Sunday lunch, but not served in the evening, but they did ask the chef if he would save us a roast dinner, and he very kindly said he would do us a roast chicken dinner in the evening, which was lovely, and very much appreciated, (think that would be a nice option on a Sunday evening). Breakfast was lovely, nice choice on buffet table, lovely fruit salad each morning, danish pastries etc, full english very nice, asked for beans with it, and got them no problem! Pancakes lovely, eggs benedict bit disappointing, bit slow one morning with tea and toast, but were very busy. Staff very friendly and helpful, especially the duty Manager (sorted roast dinner out), and reception desk. Carpets in main hotel need replacing, especially in dining rooms, quite threadbare in places - such a shame. But no doubt that is something on their list to do at some point. Lovely entertainment in the garden on Sunday lunchtime, (although we missed it), but everyone seemed to say it was good. We would stay there again, although a bit far away from where we wanted to visit, (family and friends).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the main route into Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, this 36 room hotel is hidden behind its Grade 2 listed walls, a stones throw from the city centre. We have a good reputation as a quality venue within East Anglia and our location makes us the ideal base for weekend breaks in the area. We are well served by the A14, two junctions (42 and 43) are just five minutes drive away, and together with our free parking for over 50 cars, we welcome both residential and non-residential guests for midweek stopovers, conferences and meetings. We pride ourselves in our customer service and staff endeavour to look after your every need. Our commitment to a high attention to detail is key to your comfort and well being. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Superbreak UK, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your BEST WESTERN Priory Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Bury St Edmunds
- BEST WESTERN Priory Hotel Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk