A very accessible hotel set in wonderful grounds with almost holiday-like cottages (known as garden rooms) that accommodate well behaved dogs. Hotel facilities are good; breakfast OK but the service excellent and friendly. Easy walking access to Bury St Edmunds (expensive parking in the town).
The room was very good, clean and comfortable but the bathroom, although clean urgently needs an upgrade to meet modern standards.
Moderately priced and a few local hostelries in striking distance if you want a "night out". Car parking free, ample and close to rooms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the main route into Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, this 36 room hotel is hidden behind its Grade 2 listed walls, a stones throw from the city centre. We have a good reputation as a quality venue within East Anglia and our location makes us the ideal base for weekend breaks in the area. We are well served by the A14, two junctions (42 and 43) are just five minutes drive away, and together with our free parking for over 50 cars, we welcome both residential and non-residential guests for midweek stopovers, conferences and meetings. We pride ourselves in our customer service and staff endeavour to look after your every need. Our commitment to a high attention to detail is key to your comfort and well being. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Best Western Priory Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Bury St Edmunds
- Best Western Priory Hotel Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk