“Relaxing, Excellent food, Treaments brill”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bury St Edmunds
Bannatyne Spa Hotel Bury St Edmunds
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Bury St Edmunds
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Myself and my best friend had a day spa here last September was fab , So we was so excitied to come again so we booked a weekend stay (fri to Sun) was fab , food excellent, drinks, service treatments excellent and very relaxing, room was not as upto date as expected but overall a great time and very relaxing weekend away from our two children to unwind and refresh we are booking again i'n 6 months time can't wait loved it

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank Shanismith
There are newer reviews for Bannatyne Spa Hotel Bury St Edmunds

Reviewed 9 February 2012

We booked the January overnight dinner, bed, breakfast, lunch & one treatment special @ £155 for 2. We were told on booking that the only room available was that under the kitchen so my friend and I chose to pay £25 extra for a superior room. It was so worth it, huge bathroom & room which we were really impressed with, bed was comfy & given the arctic temperatures outside it was cosy & warm which was surprising given one wall was an old huge leaded glass window! The food throughout our stay was the best meals we had both eaten in a long time, it came piping hot, beautifully presented, great portion size & really tasty I would definately go back just for a meal. Our 25 minute treatment was good, however room was chilly & quite dated looking, having heard other friends who had been to Clarice House say that the treatments are a bit hit and miss and nit the best we decided not to book any additional treats so I can't comment on the spa apart from that the sunlit gets beside the pool could really do with mattresses as they are quite uncomfortable. For the price we paid, superb quality of all three meals, the huge room & use of facility's we came away relaxed and happy - the only disappointment was that we hadn't booked another voucher in January when we had the chance!

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 2 February 2012

My Husband and i Stayed here for our wedding night. I havd been on Spa days the Clairce House before and had stayed many moons ago with my mum on a spa weekend. I never fails to dissapoint. Although we arrived in the middle of the night following our reception we recieved a warm welcome from the night porter. Our room was gorgeous and had a for poster bed and a view that looked out of the front of the building, It was clean and spacious with an emormous bathroom containing a showe rna d corner bath. In the morning we ordered Breakfast in our room and the food was amazing. The staff were lovely and most helpful with packing my dress up. Although on this occasion we didn't use the spa i can from previous experience vouch thatthe treatments are amazing. The Aurdervic Body Wraps are to die for and leave you feeling a million dollars. Would thourghly recommend them for both staying and day trips.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 January 2012

Just returned from a Two for One overnight stay with treatments.
Recently refurbished lovely decor, food the best I have eaten in ages, Good use of local produce and rump steak amazing
Very helpful staff excellent value for money. Will definitely return.

Room Tip: Ask which rooms have recently been refurbished we stayed in Honolulu
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Gill B
Reviewed 18 January 2012

My wife and I stayed here for a two night (Sunday/Monday) weekend 2 for 1 special. We could not fault the venue or the service we received. Without exception the hotel and spa staff were friendly, polite and attentive.
Before we booked the stay we were aware of two rooms that experience noise from the kitchen, as they are located directly over it. All that was available was one of these rooms, Delecia (the other being Luxor), and we booked it knowing the problem as the receptionist said it was the quieter of the two. Well, as we were made aware of it, the problem wasn't too bad at all. We're both relatively early risers, so the 6:20 start didn't bother us. We never heard the lunchtime noise as we were too busy enjoying our own lunch and the many activities of the spa and the evening finished soon after 21:00, when we were relaxing with a coffee in one of the sumptuous leather chairs downstairs! So the "problem" did nothing to spoil our enjoyment at all.
As for the restaurant, what can I say, the food was faultless, always piping hot (when it was meant to be of course), tasty and plentiful. The waiters/waitresses were most attentive and never kept us waiting for following courses.
As far as the spa goes, the swimming pool was a good size, though some did say a little cooler than they'd have liked. We enjoyed the steam room, sauna and spa bath. Unfortunately we can't comment on the gym facilities as we didn't use them, too much like hard work on a relaxing spa break! We both had two treatments, which were great, the girls were very good. There is also a nice walk to be had around the grounds, for which the reception have a map to stop you getting lost by the bat caves or something!
All in all a thoroughly enjoyable two days, which we can highly recommend.

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank IanBundock
Reviewed 14 January 2012

Having just spent an evening spa with meal with 4 friends, had to say how lovely it was. Massage was fantastic and girl really helpfull. It was a lovely experience rounded off by the best meal we has eaten in ages. Tasty, beautifully presented and for us the right quantity. The right length of time between the courses and staff very friendly and patient with our dithering over drink choices. I cannot comment about the upstairs but the ground floor area was clean tidy with some beautiful original features. For a Spa experience it was a very enjoyable and relaxing evening.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 January 2012

I was recently very lucky to spend an afternoon night and following day at Clarice House, Bury St Edmunds. I had gone for an overnight Spa Break but got much much more than I bargained for!!! If you want a Spa break, beautiful hotel and exquisite food then you don't have to go to the big Cities or pay exorbitant prices. This Neo-Jacobean hotel draws you in the minute you step through the door, it took my breath away. A warm welcome and a beautiful room combining olde world with modern luxury. But more to come....My mother and I went down to one of the most wonderful 3 course evening meals I have had in a long time and I have been lucky to go to some wonderful places. The chef is truly talented, the restaurant staff are really friendly, and the restaurant itself has left the most wonderful images in my head. The full breakfast the next morning was equally as splendid!! If you are lucky enough to stay here, have a good look round, the leaded windows are fascinating. We were lucky enough to see some of the more luxurious rooms when they were being cleaned. The Spa was really enjoyable, I had a 1.5 hour massage and it was worth every penny! Take a walk around the grounds, through the woods, watch the squirrels and take a peek at the Bat Caves! If you are thinking of visiting this part of the country Bury St Edmunds is a Happy place and if you viisit Clarice House you will not be disappointed....the thing that really struck me was that all the staff love working there and are very happy and that's a major triumph in today's times. Thank You Clarice House I hope to be back in half term.
PS Only downfall is some very noisy people in the Spa who don't realise this a place of beauty, peace and tranquility.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
The Ickworth Hotel
The Ickworth Hotel
#1 of 2 in Horringer
Swan Hotel & Spa Lavenham

Been to Bannatyne Spa Hotel Bury St Edmunds? Share your experiences!