“Beauruful spa and grounds”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bury St Edmunds
Bannatyne Spa Hotel Bury St Edmunds
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Bury St Edmunds
“Beauruful spa and grounds”
Reviewed 31 March 2013 via mobile

Took my sister here for her b'day - had a truly lovely day. Spa area beautiful but much too cramped (visited mid week!not even in the school holidays!) treatments were wonderful (scalp massages) and food pleasant. Only downside was the place was HEAVING and as a result staff were stressy and (some) lacked customer service - had to wait ages for food and drinks, reception staff both in the lobby and in the salon were rude/dismissive although the therapists were very friendly. A shame about some of the staff and the busyness of the place as it takes away the personal touch and relaxation. Still, all in all a lovely day but by no means faultless!!!!

• Stayed March 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Reviewed 24 March 2013 via mobile

We had a spa day for two booked and were really looking forward to it.

The day went okay, the steam room was broken on the day we went and we were not told about this. We had to find out from a sign on the steam room door. This meant the facilities we had available were the pool, jacuzzi and sauna.

The pool is an okay size but because its for use by hotel and gym members, it was absolutely packed!!! We had to stand around the edge of the pool for about 15 mins before we were able to pounce on a single chair to share. The jacuzzi is quite small and will hold about 5-6 people comfortably. Again, to be able to use it, you felt like you had to queue!!

Food at lunchtime was good, limited choices and ha to pre order but all came at a decent time and big portions.

Treatments were nice, massage was fantastic and the girl really nice to talk to. My manicure didn't go according to plan. I ended up with my cuticle being cut so short my finger bled. I got the blame for having weak cuticles but the girl looked panicked that it wouldn't stop bleeding. Needless to say my partners face said it all when I asked him what he thought of my new nails!! (With added blood stains!)

Overall not a bad day for the cost and deal but could've been a much better experience for our first spa day together.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank RegularTravel82
UK
Reviewed 19 March 2013

On arrival there was no greeting or clarity as to where we needed to 'check in' for our eveing bliss, having waited at least 10 mins at the main reception to then be told I needed to go to the beauty salon. I then ordered cold drinks at the bar, was told they would bring my drink over, after waiting ages I asked where my drinks were and they had forgotten! On to the masage itself; the girl that did the massage was very unprofessional, room was not tidy, very slap dash and felt hurried. Certainly not relaxing and the massage was not good (I do have massages reguarly so have comparisons). The changing rooms were dirty, shower curtains filfthy and dust everywhere. The pool itself was lovely howeverr when you get out of the jacuzzi there is a drain cover which has gone rusty and you could easily cut your foot open on it. Food; The food itself was nice and the service was good, we didn't have to wait long and the waitress was very nice. I didn't think the choice of food was particularly great. Overall I was extremely disappointed. It certainly does not live up to expectations. They need to up their game dramatically. I am not usually critical but would I hate others who are going for a special occasion to experience the same.

3 Thank co2Uk

Travellers are raving about these Bury St Edmunds hotels

Ilford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 March 2013

Went for a girls weekend,Friday to Sunday on the 2 for 1 offer.My friend booked it all on line which was straight forward ,had a problem when we wanted to upgrade the treatments and the staff were rather offish to her when she voiced her displeasure at this.They did ring her on the day and say we could upgrade but took time to do this.
When we arrived it was weird seeing so many people in dressing gowns but once we were shown to our rooms and changed we soon mixed in to the relaxing atmosphere.
Had a lovely facial,express pedicure (really just a nail paint), and whole body massage which was lovely.Room was really nice , big enough,nice a quiet but bit hot as heating was on all night,so we opened our windows on the 2nd night which resolved the problem.Would definitely recommend it really helped us relax.Lovely pool, and steam room too.Look out for the deals as it is not cheap but was amazing , especially being with my best friend no interruptions to our long chats .

Room Tip: had a view of car park but was a quiet room
Ely
Reviewed 15 March 2013

Just had a two night spa break at Clarice Hotel and could not fault it. Room was great with huge bathroom. Staff helpful and friendly. Food excellent. Very laid back atmoshpere. Very flexible, decided to have inclusive lunch on first day instead of last day and they fitted us in without a moan. Highly recommended. Looking forward to going back again soon.

Room Tip: The Honolulu room is one of two rooms that has the biggest bathroom.
Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 March 2013

I booked over the phone after purchasing a voucher for Mothers Day via "Buy a gift.com" which included two course lunch, spa facilities for the day, and three 25 minute treatments. (fantastic website, great deals) for me and my mum for 11th March. No hassle at all when calling to book in and was sent confirmation via email.

I even got a courtesy call the day before our arrival which is quite rare!

We arrived a little late due to the weather conditions but once we sat inside we were given a key for our changing room and my mum enjoyed a coffee whilst we filled in our lunch pre-order. The staff member was fantastic who greeted us, a young gentleman who gave us a tour. There was dressing gowns and slippers, much to our surprise, in the locker as my confirmation said they weren't included.

It was busy, yes, but not exceptionally so, and we managed to use the facilities for a couple of hours before our first treatment. The therapists were lovely, each treatment was 25 minutes, no more, no less and we really felt pampered. The conservatory where we waited was really nice, heated floor too! The treatments went on clockwork, fantastic service and we weren't waiting for long at all, right on time. We also had double treatment rooms.

The lunch I also must mention, really good portions and the scones were really nice too. Staff again, were good. Everyone walking around in dressing gowns, didn't feel uncomfortable at all.

I really enjoyed Clarice House and would definitely go again, my mum keeps mentioning how fantastic it was. Surprised of the few negative reviews on here so thought I'd post about my experience.

Room Tip: Look for deals on the internet and on their own website
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 March 2013

A beautiful building in a wonderful setting, so expectations are high. Step inside and it was very different.
I called 3 times to try and book an evening bliss, 1st time the spa had shut so I was asked to call back, the 2nd time the spa was busy I left my number for someone to call me back but the call never came, the 3rd time I rang I was told they were fully booked. I called the following day and was told they had vacancies. The staff seem disengaged and unhappy, we were told they were short staffed and that 4 people were off sick, after paying £80 for an evening I wasn't really interested in why it was poor I just wanted a nice spa break that I had paid for. There is no ownership taken by the employees, those that are working seem pressurised picking up the slack for those that are off. This was by far the worst spa experience I have ever had. The food menu has changed and the selection wasn't as good as before, when asked to swap the starter for a sweet we was told that wasn't possible. We were given a pre booked slot for dinner arrived on time and waited 20 minutes for the starter, the toilets were not in a very nice condition, when we mentioned it to reception they were already aware but nothing was done about it. We left at 10pm and they were still very bad. When you sit relaxing you can hear staff sharing their discontentment. Leadership seems lacking and team morale is low. I would not go back again after this experience not good value for money and I feel like I wasted £80

1 Thank caroline r