“Very relaxing day. :)”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bury St Edmunds
Bannatyne Spa Hotel Bury St Edmunds
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Bury St Edmunds
Princes Risborough, United Kingdom
“Very relaxing day. :)”
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I've been to a few spas and this was amazing! Arrived at 8:30 to check in. All staff were attentive & welcoming, sat us in the restaurant and offered us breakfast or drinks. We filled in necessary forms, chose lunch & had a tour. We changed & entered the pool, sauna, steam room and lounging area to find it almost empty so we got to use the facilities alone to start the day, which was lovely! More people arrived until it was rather busy after lunch but we never felt crowded. There were plenty of loungers around the pool so always somewhere to sit. The treatments were punctual, wonderful & the staff always professional yet friendly. Plug sockets were available & hair dryers provided. The lunch menu was extensive and the food was awesome, plus there was a bar! :) There was also an outside seating area at the front of the hotel. At no time did I ever feel rushed or like I was an inconvenience. Overall, I would rate this place highly. If I had to choose something to moan at... it would have to be the party of 4 that were seated next to us in the dining room that asked to be moved to a shady area (on the first sunny day of the year so far!!!) They could easily clear an area and have an outside jacuzzi or 2, to run alongside their inside one as there's a perfect spot there, plus some tables & chairs. My friend and I came a very long way for our superior day and we were not disappointed! Next time we book, we'll be adding a sleep over in one of the rooms. The staff are a credit to Clarice house.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Cambridge
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Went today for a birthday treat. Started by having breakfast, we waited almost an hour to be served after ordering a full English. Apologies were given as they had run out of sausages, there were no grilled tomato either. The bacon was overcooked and the mushrooms were cold. Lunch was equally awful, two of our group had their day spoilt by chronic stomach pains and one felt nauseous.
The treatment were brilliant, lovely girls who were polite and friendly.
Overall a nice day spoilt by awful food.

Travellers are raving about these Bury St Edmunds hotels

Fakenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

We arrived at about 10am and there was absolutely no where to park. We ended up parking on a grass verge near the entrance gate. We were greeted straight away when we got in but we had never been before and it seemed like we were just left sitting with a load of forms to fill in. I went to the desk after about ten minutes and we were given a tour of the facilities. We then went into the changing room where we had towels and dressing gowns waiting in our locker. The changing rooms majorly need a makeover. I wouldn't even say they were clean. For the first part of an expensive spa day I was very disappointed. We went through to the pool area which was nice but nothing special. There is a sauna, steam room, small jacuzzi and a pool which was absolutely freezing. The beds around the outside of the pool were really uncomfortable, could do with some padding on them! At 12am we went for our treatments. You go into the reception area and they ask you to wait in the conservatory. Therapists then come in with their clipboards and call your name. I can see this works well for them but just doesn't create a relaxed atmosphere. We had our treatments (back massage and facial) in a double treatment room and they were both lovely. However the floor/walls are really thin and throughout most of the treatment all we could hear were people walking around upstairs on a VERY creaky floor. We went through for our lunch at 2. The food and service were amazing. The drinks weren't badly priced either. We had a nice seat near the window and enjoyed a fab meal. Overall I did enjoy the day but I wouldn't go back. It cost £130 for two of us at half price, great value for money considering the treatments and meal but it's lacking luxury. I certainly wouldn't have paid £260 for it.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Hollie S
Saxmundham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 March 2014

We stayed two nights in a luxury room which is the least expensive offered. It was clean, a good size and the en suite large and very nice. The hotel is very, very busy during the day with Day Spa guests and, as it is not a super large building, with lots of people around all day is not a particularly relaxing atmosphere.( Perhaps we visited at a busy time.) If you want to choose your treatment times to suit you I would recommend making very clear your requests when booking as it appears, that as a resident, treatments will be made after 4pm (eg after the day spa visitors have gone) which is not too good if you would like a leisurely pre dinner drink but, be aware that your treatment times can be changed without consultation with you, as mine were at breakfast on the day , The best by far of our experience at Clarice House was the fantastic food. Clearly the chefs are a very talented and dedicated team producing freshly prepared, imaginative, beautifully presented food at every meal. I cannot remember being served such consistently delicious food. Lucky people of Bury can just go for a meal and, this month have two for one!!

Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 March 2014

I had been really looking forward to my spa day with the girls but oh dear what a fiasco of a day, and terribly disappointing. From the start the receptionist in the spa was abrupt when we asked where to get changed as we hadn't been shown, our treatment times had be changed without our knowledge and we had them all in the morning instead of spread out through the day as had been originally requested, when my friend spoke to the beauty spa receptionist she was quite frankly rude and unhelpful, the treatments themselves were very nice and the therapists were lovely and polite although they did appear somewhat flustered, from what I overheard a few of the girls had not been told when their schedule got changed so they didn't know if they were coming or going. The towels on the treatment bed were damp when I had to lay on it which was not pleasant, I'm not entirely convinced they were changed from the person before me. The management didn't appear to know what each other were doing and there seamed to be a great lack of communication going on. It seamed that they had simply been focused on money and there were so many people packed in for spa days that there was no loungers around the pool free all day, we ended up sitting on plastic garden type chairs! Lunch however was fantastic, the food was a light relief from such a depressing day! I personally will not be returning to this place.

• Stayed February 2014
3 Thank Banbury-smith
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Returned from a thoroughly enjoyable weekend stay at Clarice House. We could not have asked for a warmer welcome upon arrival from Hannah. All the staff were friendly and nothing was too much trouble for them. Had a fabulous facial and full body massage during our stay in a warm, comfortable room by two extremely pleasant and professional therapists, Heidi and Tamara. The food was excellent!
Certain parts of the hotel could possibly benefit from a small makeover, but this does not detract from the overall relaxing experience. Look forward to returning....

2 Thank Nicki J
Ely, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We visited on weekend of 7-9 th march 2014 and didn't know what to expect. On arrival front desk staff very pleasant. Our rooms were very clean and comfortable. All therapists visited for treatments were friendly and made you feel at ease especially when having treatments that differ from usual choices and very informative on what to do after treatment. Food was amazing and again staff fantastic even when the unexpected occurred. I would defiantly visit again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family