“Great way to spend the day!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bannatyne Spa Hotel Bury St Edmunds

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bury St Edmunds
Bannatyne Spa Hotel Bury St Edmunds
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Bury St Edmunds
Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
“Great way to spend the day!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

had alovely day. Staff very attentive but not over bearing. Food lovely, atmosphere all over is relaxed, warm and friendly. Would recommend to anyone looking for a treat for themselves. Ideal for Solo, couples and groups.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ClariceHouseManager, Manager at Bannatyne Spa Hotel Bury St Edmunds, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
So pleased you had a great time with us and we look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

Just visited earlier in the week and had a great day, as i usually do as the treatments are fantastic with very capable therapists, however this is the first time visiting where i feel that the place is getting very tired.
The changing rooms were in the nicest way i can put it, dirty and smelt. I do believe they are going to refurbish them soon though - which will be fantastic.
It was a very busy day at the spa and you could tell - people were getting their pedicures at make shift stations with the therapist on the floor with everything around them. It felt very cramped although the treatment was still lovely, it sort of ruins the whole atmosphere.
The sofa/ lounge area is very noisy and i have no idea why the girls on reception insist on stomping around in the worlds loudest heels, not relaxing!!
Lunch was lovely, as was the afternoon tea, much better than when we last visited, although again waiting times where longer than usual and our waitress told us they were very understaffed, so understandable.
I did have a lovely day as i was in great company and had fabulous treatments but it was obviously overbooked and is looking very tired.

3 Thank Mrsceee
We are really pleased you enjoyed your treatments and our excellent afternoon tea, we are now starting the refurbishment on our changing rooms and toilets so I am sure when you visit again in the future you will see a huge improvement. Thank you for taking the time to post your comments.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

I booked this spa as a 2 for 1 offer for a treat a few days before a friends wedding, there were 6 of us in total. I rang a few days in advance to see if we could add some treatments on top of what was included on our offer - I was told to ring back on the day to check availability. This wasn't a problem so I did that and they member of staff on the phone was very accommodating and booked in our extra massages. We also wanted to upgrade our manicures to gellish which we enquired about during this phone call as we knew this would be longer than the express manicure that was part of our package - we were told they would sort this when we arrived.

We arrived promptly at 2pm (after struggling to find a car parking space) and checked in at the spa reception where we were greeted (using a generous term) by the receptionist. I explained that we had rang earlier and if it was possible to upgrade our manicures that would be great. We were then kept waiting 30mins for them to try and fit these treatments in (using a scheduling book that looked like it was from the 80's & been tipexed 10 times over). During that time I asked if it was possible to wait around the pool instead of waiting in a 30 degree conservatory, we were told no. I can understand that it was exceptionally busy that day, but we found the woman on reception to be very abrupt and rude, when we came to the spa expecting a relaxing day.

The afternoon tea was wonderful and we thoroughly enjoyed this, and cannot fault the massage and facial that we received (these were enjoyed by all 6 members of my group). I only have one criticism of the treatments and that would be my nails look like they are only half painted.

I wouldn't recommend this spa to anyone. Although the treatments were good I felt this was place was too large and too mechanical in its practices to be relaxing. To not have an online scheduling system seems bizarre to me and would be much more efficient. From the moment we walked in I felt like I was being a burden to the woman on reception and its not the relaxing day we had planned!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Maddy_no

Travellers are raving about these Bury St Edmunds hotels

Thetford
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

Welcome on arrival good, lunch fab and first treatment very nice , as for being told to bring own dressing gowns nobody does which leads you to feel odd and obliged to just buy one , deck chairs are awful il leave this place needing another back massage as you cannot relax on a wooden one with no cushion or anything to soften the bed, I
asked if they had anything to make them more comfortable In which an older lady blonde hair at reception told me to purchase yet another towel , we'll thankyou for that , overall an ok day jus couldn't wait to get home and sit on something more comfortable than concrete

1 Thank Skyecaroline
Haverhill, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

A great place to go to get away be pampered, waited on, to feel special. Very chilled out atmosphere.

Great place to go with your friend's.

Staff are friendly professional and knowledgeable on all treatments.

Cleanliness
ClariceHouseManager, Owner at Bannatyne Spa Hotel Bury St Edmunds, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Thank you for your comments, we are so pleased you had a good day with us. Our team of therapists are very well trained by Germaine De Capuccini our product house so we are really pleased that you noticed how great the treatments were. We look forward to seeing you again very soon.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

Really enjoyed my overall experience at clarice house. Everyone was polite and accomadating. Nothing was too much trouble. My treatments were just amazing and I had a totally relaxing day. Which was obviously the main aim.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
ClariceHouseManager, Manager at Bannatyne Spa Hotel Bury St Edmunds, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Thank you for your message that I will pass on to all the departments we are so pleased you had such a relaxing day and hope to see you again very soon, please keep an eye on the website for all our amazing offers each month!
Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

I had booked a pedicure with my mother and brought along my infant son to the appointment which I have done on numerous occasions at other establishments with no issue. Upon arrival I was told that children were not permitted at the spa. Whilst I do not take issue with the policy if that is how they would like to run their business I was shocked that there was absolutely no mention of this on the website. I promptly asked for a refund which was denied by the staff member who told me I would not be given a refund because they had turned away other customers for my appointment (funny that the entire treatments room was completely empty and there were about 6 staff doing not very much at the desk). I pushed for a refund and was again denied so asked what she suggested as an alternative - the suggestion was that we go ahead with our appointment but that if my child made any noise we would be asked to leave mid-way through. The staff member was rude and offensive and her resolution was frankly ridiculous. I strongly suggest the entire team receives better customer service training. I won't be back with or without children.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Kivikiv
ClariceHouseManager, Owner at Bannatyne Spa Hotel Bury St Edmunds, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
I am as I stated in all the correspondence with you about this I am really sorry that you were unable to have your pedicure, we pride ourselves on offering the best spa experience to all our guests and in this instance we had to think about that. We did offer a few alternatives so you could stay and enjoy your pedicure which you declined, at which point we did issue a full refund. I apologize again that we did not live up to your expectations.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bury St Edmunds
The Ickworth Hotel
The Ickworth Hotel
#1 of 2 in Horringer
Swan Hotel & Spa Lavenham

Been to Bannatyne Spa Hotel Bury St Edmunds? Share your experiences!