“In desperate need of a make over!”

Suffolk Golf & Country Club
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Went with my daughter, for a girlie day at the spa, which was a groupon offer. Originally planned to go in March but this was unavailable due to the sheer volume of Groupon vouchers, so the earliest that we could get in was Mid April. We arrived and was greeted by the lady on reception who confirmed she booking, and gave us our locker keys and robes to use for the day she then showed us the way to the changing rooms and spa. We were then greeted by the two Beauty therapists who went through the treatments which were on offer. As I have said this was a Groupon offer and we could have either two 30 minute treatments each or and hour treatment each, this was a fantastic offer! Both of us chose the mini facial and mini pedicure both were amazing! The facial was exceptionally good and would recommend this to anyone, the mini pedicure was equally good and both therapists were very friendly and really put us at ease. After the treatments we headed off to the spa area, the swimming pool is a very good size and good sauna although this felt extremely hot, I know they are supposed to be hot and I do like it hot but this was very hot and you were unable to stay in there for more than 5 minutes, we then tried the steam room which was awful it smelt of what could only described as stale sweat!!!! Most steam rooms I have been in have always had a lovely aroma of essential oils. We quickly left the steam room and headed to the jacuzzi which was ok nothing special but ok however there was slight damage around the jacuzzi so you did have to be careful when entering. The overall appearance of the pool area was a let down it is in desperate need of modernisation and was very bland it was not at all inviting, no nice pictures the changing area again needed up dating the showers small and could do with replacing!
After changing we headed back to reception to hand keys in and to be shown where to go for lunch as the offer included a light lunch and bubbly, neither of these were offered to us! No information was given when we arrived. When I said shall we get some lunch this was not acknowledged by the reception lady and we got the impression that this was not included, yet I had paid for this. We had a quick look at the restaurant which was set up for a wedding so lunch was not on the menu! Over all this was a big fat disappointment I can not fault the therapists at all, there were brilliant, we just think the rest of the place lets them down.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

Golf course better to graze cattle on, the greens had a leased 2Inches of water on them, golf course should never had been opened, food below average, then tried to overcharge at checkout! We get bought a golf weekend every year for Christmas this was the most shocking golf course I have ever been to. I can not comment on spa as we left first thing in the morning,