“Best coffee in Bury”

Ranked #148 of 205 Restaurants in Bury St Edmunds
Cuisines: European, Portuguese
“Best coffee in Bury”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

I'm glad this coffee shop is now on TA as they serve the best coffee in Bury.
The staff are very friendly and the selection of food is not bad too especially the cakes.
They have a small supermarket down stairs with a great selection of fish and shell fish and Portugese

Visited March 2014
2 Thank frankandrosa

“Just My Cup of Coffee”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

I love this café. The custard tarts are all as previously described and more. They have a great selection of other exotic looking buns too, and even sell escargot in bulk. The people are very friendly and the prices exceptionally reasonable. The only thing missing is outdoor seating, but that's hardly their fault - I'm sure if it were actually in Portugal, customers would just take their seats outside anyway. In Bury, they'd probably get a parking ticket and a strongly worded letter of complaint to the Bury Free Press.

2 Thank StationeryExplorer
Bury St. Edmunds
“Try it and see!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

I completely agree with the gentleman above - really reasonable and the custard tarts were wobbly and sensational, especially with the sprinkling of cinnamon. Make your way past "The Bull" pub and try it out. They serve the best coffee that I've had in ages, called "Buondi Caffe" and promptly bought a 250g packet for £3.50 and I recommend it as a wee present if you need to get one. It's not trendy or sumptuous, but a traditional family cafe that also sells other Portuguese products including crisps and cakes. The service was friendly and warm and I shall be going back, but I do hope they don't have formula one on the telly - that was the only down side! Good Luck Castle Torrejano, I hope you get lots of custom :)

3 Thank Joanna C
Bury St Edmunds, United Kingdom
“Sometimes its the simple things....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2013 via mobile

....that make the difference.

Csstle Torrejano is a very unassuming place serving coffee and cakes. Well, when I say 'cakes' I actually mean 'the best custard tarts in the South East'.

I had a cappuccino and a custard tart and when I went to pay and was charged less than £2.00... I kid you not!

Just because its slightly off the beaten track I hope this place doesn't suffer as a consequence.

3 Thank steveholdenmail