“Great Little Find”

Cafe Kottani
Ranked #11 of 209 Restaurants in Bury St Edmunds
Price range: US$7 - US$13
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Highchairs Available, Seating, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Local English-Greek Cafe
“Great Little Find”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Had lunch here with my family today and thoroughly enjoyed it.
The three of us opted for the meze, which was fresh and full of flavour. Extensive lunch menue and very reasonably priced. The cafe is small and it get's a bit snug. The staff are friendly and very effficiant. It really is worth a visit.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Sarah G

Thetford, England, United Kingdom
“Great, tasty food and friendly service”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Enjoyed lunch here today. Somehow this gem of a place had passed me by before. Great food, friendly service. Can't wait to try the veggie meze on my next visit. So much choice for vegetarians.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Dawn B
Suffolk
“We love this place!”
Reviewed 5 April 2014

We (husband and I) visit this cafe every week (where possible) for many reasons - firstly for the delicious home-made food which has a mediterranean bias (e.g. Moussaka, meze, but plenty more choice besides such as omelettes, baked potatoes, wraps, toasties). The meals are always nicely presented and the cakes/snacks are always interesting with lots of healthy options. Secondly it is reasonably priced, thirdly the hospitality is good - always a friendly smile and chat. And last but not least they serve the best bacon rolls in town! We should really keep this place a secret, but they deserve to do well as they try very hard and their cooking is excellent and standards are always high.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank J L
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Friendly, clean, delightful - like a holiday in a coffee cup”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I come here when I feel the need to go to a different country; a nice, light country where pleasant, quiet, friendly people serve you fresh, fresh, simple food and good coffee, and then sit in the corner of the cafe themselves to eat their own food. You feel like you are a welcome guest in someone's home, not just a customer in a cafe. I come out feeling like I've been on holiday for a week. I don't know how they achieve that, but they do. And I'm so pleased they are finally on Tripadvisor so I can tell them how much I love their cafe.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank Fozoh
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Amazing cafe for coffee and lunch”
Reviewed 2 March 2014

This small Greek run cafe has to be one of the best cafés I have been to. The service is amazing and the staff are very friendly. The coffee is the best in town and also the cheapest! There is lots of food to choose from at reasonable prices, including greek meals! I would recommend the moussaka!

• Visited March 2014