“Service and food excellent”

Maison Bleue Restaurant
Price range: US$33 - US$57
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: ‘There will come a day when our championing of this brilliant French restaurant means we will not be able to book a seat there due to it being so busy! Until that time we will simply state our great admiration for the cuisine, wine and new décor.’ East Anglia Daily Times
herts,uk
“Service and food excellent”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I went with a party of 4 for a late dinner on my wife's birthday. The restaurant allowed us to book off menu items when making our booking and we ordered 2 dover sole along with hake and monkfish which came from the standard menu as our main courses. My fish soup starter was excellent the others enjoyed their starters as well. The dover soles were both good size and well presented and proved sufficient to the point that the vegetables supplied were not used up. My hake was really nice. The service was excellent and not over done. Wine and premeal drinks were good and the wine list covered the ground without going overboard. Ordering our meal at 8.30 having arrived slightly late for our 8.00pm booking we managed to leave just before 10.30 having consumed a great 3 course meal. Food comprised about 70% of the bill which I find slightly unusual (normally 50:50 in mixed company ) and the place is not overly expensive.

• Visited August 2014

Bury St Edmunds
“Spot of lunch, could do better!”
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Any one who's been to the restaurant before will know what to expect. Formal French, a little old school and over the top service, & lots of fish (which suits me well not being a meat eater). My wife & I had popped in for lunch, fixed price 3 course menu and a bottle of wine for the two of us £90. Not a cheap lunch so one would not be out of place to expect a little more. Menu & dishes served lacked real quality, okay but certainly no wow factor. Formal service is always nice but 4 different waiters/waitresses even before the starters were served meant the service lacked any personal touch. We love eating well, will try again some day but not anytime soon!

3 Thank SuffolkFoodie26
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lunch at Maison Bleue”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

The moment you enter is the beginning of a delightful experience.
A restrained, but personal and forthcoming, welcome from the front of house puts you immediately at ease and in relaxed anticipation.
Service is impeccable, food superb and so beautifully presented you feel (almost) reluctant to 'desecrate' with knife and fork!
The waiting team personify calm and charm.
Maison Bleue are enthusiastic experts in making their diners feel special.
A must on our visits to Bury.

1 Thank Barry P
Bury St Edmunds, United Kingdom
“Perfect for our "fix" of french cuisine .”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We lived in France for 9 years & recently moved back to the Uk near Bury St Edmunds, it was my husbands 70 th birthday soi wanted to take him somewhere special. Maison Bleue did not disappoint , the service was wonderful , food scrummy cooked just how we like it ( rare beef & duck French style ) . I wish we could go more often but a little too expensive for everyday dining .

1 Thank Sally L
Haughley, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“If you want somewhere special, this is the place.”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

My husband and I went here for our wedding anniversary and absolutely nothing disappointed. The menu was great, the service was outstanding and the food was the best I have had in a very long time. We chose cheese to finish our meal and our charming French waiter brought over a trolley with the biggest array of cheeses for us to pick from and could knowledgeably talk us through each cheese.
A top quality restaurant that is a must.

1 Thank Rachel B