“Bad attitudes, led by manager!”

Ask Italian - Bury St Edmunds
Ranked #126 of 210 Restaurants in Bury St Edmunds
Price range: US$9 - US$17
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: ASK Italian in Bury St Edmunds is a place for great food and warm service. Think fresh bread made to tear and share. A glass of fine wine worth deserving of your time. Delicious main dishes prepared the traditional way. Everything we know and love about Italian food is served straight to your table.
Newmarket, United Kingdom
“Bad attitudes, led by manager!”
Reviewed 10 March 2014

On friday 7th March 2014 I booked a table at your Bury St Edmunds branch for 7pm for 3 people. We arrived and were seated before a drinks order being taken. A couple arrived on the table next to us as we recieved our drinks and placed our food order. An hour and 10 minutes later the couple beside us had eaten their starter and main, had a bottle of wine and had just been given their bill when we enquired as to where our main courses were?! The surly, unhelpful manager had clearly been waiting for us to ask as she stayed away from our table and it was quite difficult to get her attention. We complained that we had been kept waiting when others had finished their meal after entering the restaraunt before us. The manager infomred us that they were concentrating on a large party that had arrived (after us!) and would "get round" to our mains. My husband explained that this was an issue for us when we were asked "well what do u want me to do about it?" I have to tell you that I was a little shocked at the complete lack of basic "managerial" skills this person you have in charge showed. My husband explained that what he required she do about it was get our food in a decent time. This appeared to be too difficult as after 90 minutes we left without our meals. I am writing to tell you just how dissapointed I was, not only with the lack of organisational skills that meant we were unable to eat until we got home at after 9pm that wasted evening but also at the sheer unprofessionalism of the manager in that branch. She was rude, unconcerned and unwilling to even apologise for the delay. This is the first time I have been to this ASK and I can assure you it will be the last. I will be going next door to Frankie and Bennies of Giraffe! I dont expect Gourmet food from a chain restaurant but I do at least expect food!

• Visited March 2014

Haverhill, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not a restaurant more like a class room”
Reviewed 3 March 2014 via mobile

Starters very small for price,mains ok but not that great,never go for a special night out as its more like eating in a class room with staff in dirty looking jeans.
Very poor for how much it costs only go if you got tesco codes.

Visited March 2014
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Disappointed!”
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Booked a table for 8.30 Saturday evening. First opinion was how noisy the place was and had no ambience for a couples night out, table was very wobbly and had to practically shout at each other. Service was quick, girls were pleasant though we felt quite hurried.Sat near side door, so was very draughty every time someone walked in or out. Food was ok, had the pork belly and roasted New potatoes which were just boiled. Desert lacked the meringue which was simple ice cream and a couple of strawberries on top, was never asked if food was ok as staff seemed too busy.The only plus was that this restaurant accepts tesco vouchers as would have been upset to pay the high prices for average food.Disappointing evening!

• Visited February 2014
Bury St Edmunds
“Never again”
Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

A poor calamari starter, over cooked and salty. We waited for another half hour and still no pizzas. The waitress then came and asked us who had cleared away our starter!! As if we would know!!
Pizzas arrived an hour after we had sat down. We will not be going back.

Visited February 2014
Thetford, United Kingdom
“It was ok :-S”
Reviewed 10 February 2014

We went visited on a Sunday - there were 14 of us. I was not overly impressed - the service and the food was ok but nothing to shout about. The young girl serving as was nice enough, but a bit shy and was wearing jeans?? The food was slow to come out and was not really worth the wait... The portions were tiny! The dish we had, Rigatoni Al Manzo Piccante, had more peppers then anything else (including pasta)! We were not check on as to whether we enjoying our meal, not for starters or main courses. Unfortuantely as service was slow we had no time for dessert! I wont be going back!

• Visited February 2014