“Perfect weekend - a romantic cottage in a quaint...”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
traceyj62
Orsett, United Kingdom
“Perfect weekend - a romantic cottage in a quaint village.”
Reviewed 26 September 2017 for a stay in September 2017

From the start Katie was the perfect host. She was very accommodating and gave us some great places to visit and some excellent food options for our anniversary weekend. The little touches were just spot on including; the fluffy towels, White Company toiletries and food hamper - you couldn't have asked for more! The accomodation is decorated to a very high standard, spotlessly clean and was clearly very well looked after. We will definitely be visiting again!!

28 Sep 2017
Thank you so much! I am pleased you enjoyed a relaxing anniversary weekend in Lavenham - It's just the perfect place to spend a few days away from home, we are very luck to have lots of great places to eat in the village! I really look forward to having you stay again, thank you for looking after the cottage during your stay.
All my very best,
Rachel M
London, United Kingdom
“Wonderful place to stay”
Reviewed 6 September 2017 for a stay in August 2017

Katie has done a fantastic job with this hideaway. It is beautifully decorated, incredibly luxurious and very well equipped. It is also in a wonderful location, being in the centre of charming Lavenham and only a short drive away from some of Suffolk's prettiest villages. we had a wonderful time and hope to come back again soon.

11 Sep 2017
Thank you so much Rachel, I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay. You have been wonderful guests and I look forward to welcoming you back in the not to distant future! Thanks again for your kind words.

Best wishes,

osusmerma...
London, United Kingdom
“Mostly quiet romantic getaway”
Reviewed 6 September 2017 for a stay in August 2017

Katie was extremely helpful during the booking process and the cottage was gorgeous. My partner and I were looking for an escape from the hustle and bustle of London for a weekend to focus on some quality time together. The property was nicely cleaned, the bed felt smooth and creamy and the shower pressure was to die for. Using an oversized bathtub was great as well! Decent sized kitchen and large hob (which takes some getting used to if you've not used an induction hob before). All of these amenities were great and exceeded our expectations.

BUT - what we didn't realise was that the cottage was immediately next to a restaurant (the kitchen is next to the cottage and their garden is behind the cottage).

There's another restaurant across the road from that one as well. This had a downfall for two reasons:
1. The noise from the restaurant next door when it was hired out for a wedding reception was unexpected. It was quiet by 22.30 or so, but it still broke from tranquil retreat we were attempting to have. We arrived late on the Friday so missed any noise it may have had on a regular night. And
2. Parking near the cottage was extremely difficult when everyone has to drive to the local watering hole. On the final night our car was side swiped pretty badly whilst parked in the one space we could find on the road that day. No note was left on the car either.

Neither of those things are the fault of Katie or make the cottage any less beautiful. However, these elements should be considered if you're looking for a quiet getaway - as most of our friends from London do.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
6 Sep 2017
Dear Ariel,

Thank you so much for your very honest review. I am so sorry that you did not have the experience you wanted / expected to have staying in Lavenham. I've never known the restaurant next door to host a wedding before and I was not informed prior to it happening, if I had known I would have passed this on to you as I understand this is not ideal - I can only apologise for the disruption this caused you. I will ensure our village location is more clear for future guests. Parking can be tricky at times when it is busy as it is free everywhere in the village and it's medieval streets aren't designed for such traffic. I'm so sorry that your car was damaged, I've been parking on Water Street for years and I've not had a problem like that before so you have been very unlucky during your stay which is upsetting and I'm wholeheartedly sorry. There is usually plenty of parking in the village, and I will make the best parking spots apparent in the pre arrival pack going forward to make this part of the journey easier. Thank you for your kind words about the cottage and your feedback is very much appreciated. Do contact me if you'd like to discuss anything in more detail. Thanks again.

Kind regards,
Owlyclare
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Miss”
Reviewed 20 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017

Stunning Retreat!

This cottage is an amazing!
Finished to a excellent standard with high quality everything...the copper bath is a lovely treat to relax in.
The attention to detail from the booking to arrival is exceptional and the welcome basket is a lovely personal touch.
Lavenham is a lovely village very quaint.
Lots of tea rooms and restaurants but make sure you book in advance!
Blacksmith Cottage is a must visit!

Clare & Simon

22 Aug 2017
Thank you so much! What a lovely review & lovely guests! We are so pleased you enjoyed staying in Lavenham, I would love to welcome you back soon! Best wishes, Katie
KELH76
London, UK
“Beautiful!”
Reviewed 20 August 2017 for a stay in July 2017

We stayed at blacksmiths holiday cottage for three nights and fell in love with the cottage and the village of Lavenham. The holiday cottage itself is immaculate, exactly as described and pictured. It oozes luxury and feels like a boutique hotel. The bed is very comfortable and the bedding I think the best we've ever ever slept in! It's a 2 minute walk away from all the shops, good pubs and restaurants of Lavenham. We arrived quite late so we're able to let ourselves in, there was a lovely welcome note and hamper waiting for us. Highly recommended - a truly wonderful experience and we definitely hope to return!

pcroft201...
Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
“Clean, comfortable & a very high standard all round”
Reviewed 18 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017

A beautiful little cottage in the heart of historic Lavenham, close to the Market Place, restaurants and all local amenities. The cottage itself is a recent restoration of a grade 1 listed, 15th century timber framed building once used as a blacksmiths forge and oozes character and history. Although contemporary inside, the owners have managed to strike a perfect balance providing all modern comforts yet retaining the building's inherent character. Everything was provided: an excellent "welcome pack", great quality towels, bed linen, toiletries and even Espresso coffee. Very cosy and perfect for a couple looking for a romantic break in historic Suffolk. Great value, very highly recommended and will certainly visit again.

22 Aug 2017
Thank you so much for your very kind words, we are so pleased you enjoyed the cottage and Lavenham as much as we do! I hope to welcome you back soon! Best wishes, Katie
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing