“An absolute gem”
other traveller has booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Colbyjack...
“An absolute gem”
Reviewed 2 April 2018 for a stay in March 2018

This cottage is amazing, it is in the heart of Lavenham and only a minute walk to the village square, which has everything that you need,
We only stayed for a long weekend but if time allowed we would defiantly stay longer as sharing your time between this amazing cottage and the surrounding area in three days is difficult
Katie does an amazing job at keeping the cottage in tip top condition and everything is finished to a VERY high standard.
Do not be fooled that it only sleeps two as the cottage is very spacious
This cottage could break my Golden rule and pay another visit
10 stars

16 Apr 2018
Hi Liz,

Thank you SO much for you incredibly kind review. I am beyond pleased that you enjoyed your stay. I have worked extremely hard to make the cottage the best it can possibly be, so I'm utterly grateful for your appreciation! The location is perfect for exploring, isn't it?

Please do break your golden rule and visit again, you, your husband and gorgeous pooch were 10 star guests!

All my best,

juliehowa...
Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
“Perfect luxury”
Reviewed 13 March 2018 for a stay in March 2018

Just returned from a weekend break at this beautiful, well designed, perfectly elegant little cottage. Equipped with everything you could need and more, situated in the lovely unspoilt Lavenham. Well worth a visit we will definitely be returning.

Hi Julie!

Thank you so much for your fabulous review and such kind words. I am beyond pleased that you enjoyed your stay and would love to welcome you both back soon!

Take care & all my best,

lk H
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Everything and more ..”
Reviewed 24 February 2018 for a stay in February 2018

Booked Blacksmiths cottage for a relaxing break away!
Perfect location for walking round Lavenham or heading out in the car. We visited Flatford Mill and Snape Maltings.
Easy parking at the front of the cottage.
The welcome pack was perfect, no need to find a shop when you arrive!
If your looking for a place to switch off from work, recover or simply just treat yourself, then this is the place, well equipped, with lovely bedding, towels, toiletries and spotless. Then there is the bath! Just what you need after a day out.
A very comfortable, modern cottage, but still retaining it's charm and history.
A visit to Munning's tearoom in the crooked house is a must, real atmosphere and great food.

15 Mar 2018
Thank you so much for your very kind words, Laura, what a lovely review. I'm so pleased you both enjoyed your stay and afternoon tea at Munnings! I hope to have you stay again in the future!

Best wishes,

clairebee...
London, United Kingdom
“Perfection in Lavenham”
Reviewed 5 January 2018 for a stay in January 2018

What a gorgeous hidden gem in Lavenham! A beautiful cottage, tastefully decorated, spotlessly clean and very well equipped - we especially loved the amazing bathtub and the pretty Christmas tree! Centrally located in a picturesque and quiet village, it was the perfect place to relax. We enjoyed visits to local villages including Long Melford and Clare and to Aldeburgh for a chilly walk on the beach and fish n chips. Katie provided a lovely welcome pack and was a pleasure to deal with, providing lots of useful information and an easy check in. We loved the cottage and cannot wait to return.

15 Mar 2018
Thank you so much Claire! What a lovely review. You were most welcome and I cannot wait to welcome you back, perhaps in warmer climes so that you can see Lavenham in the sunshine!

Amy L
“Luxury of Lavenham”
Reviewed 3 January 2018 for a stay in December 2017

My boyfriend and I wanted to treat ourselves to a retreat for New Year and what a treat it was. This gorgeous cottage was just what the doctor ordered. We have the most amazing stay thanks to Katie, from the cute welcome package to the amazing decor! We will most definitely be looking to come back as this was a hidden gem.

Lavenham had so much to offer to and we even popped to the beach in Felixstowe, about 40 minute drive away. We had a truly wonderful time and would recommend Blacksmith’s Cottage to anyone and everyone!

Thank you for an amazing stay.

Amy and Jack x

5 Jan 2018
Thank you so much Amy - you are so kind. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay and chose to stay with us on NYE! It is most appreciated and I really hope to welcome you and Jack back soon. Happy New Year!

penny h
Derby, United Kingdom
“The perfect getaway”
Reviewed 8 December 2017 for a stay in December 2017

Lovely cottage, fresh, clean, light, well-equipped and lots of attention to detail, but still with lots of character. Great location in a spectacular village, beautifully lit for Christmas. Unbelievably quiet in the village at night - you could hear a pin drop, and the minimal street lighting enhances the atmosphere. Good butchers, bakers and general stores, and lots of nearby places to explore. Spacious bed and shower - in fact we found it all seemed generally larger than the photos suggest. Easy parking right outside, good places to eat in the village, dog-friendly. What more could you want?

14 Dec 2017
Thank you so much for your very kind words, I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay and I know you managed to enjoy some lovely places in and around our village. It's a wonderful time of year to visit, and I hope to welcome you back sometime in the future!
Kayleigh...
“Something very special”
Reviewed 30 October 2017 for a stay in October 2017

Katie has created something very special here. The cottage, sitting pretty in the heart of idyllic historic Lavenham, is utter luxury. It is superbly decorated and is generously stocked with essentials and unexpected extras.

We took bikes and had a fantastic weekend of brisk rides, bubble baths and indulgence. We really can't recommend highly enough - just perfect.

31 Oct 2017
Thank you so much Kayleigh, I am beyond delighted that you and Peter enjoyed your stay. I try very hard to make the experience a special one, it's wonderful to hear how much you've enjoyed our little cottage. Taking bikes is a brilliant idea as there is so much countryside to explore, you had great weather for it too! I do hope to welcome you back soon.

Katie
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing