“Perfect pet friendly contemporary interior...”
other traveller has booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 21 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Amber R
“Perfect pet friendly contemporary interior & beautiful architecturally”
Reviewed 16 April 2018 for a stay in March 2018

The location is fantastic, so close to the picturesque village. A great place to enjoy and unwind and the cottage itself has everything you can think of needing! A very well thought out kitchen and use of a delicious coffee machine. Some of the softest bed sheet's I have ever slept in and just lovely touches everywhere. It feels very designer and thoughtful in it's design.

The host, Katie, also ensures you really feel special and looked after. She made extra effort to help my birthday celebrations and these touches were so heart warming. I have never experienced such an attention to detail in the UK before.

I have to say I enjoyed staying in such an old cottage and admiring the architecture and how different modern houses are today.

The welcome pack and hamper really help you to get your stay off to a flying start as you feel well informed and well equipped. No need to worry about where to go for dinner or how to use things in the cottage.

There are many nice restaurants nearby and we particularly enjoyed visiting the farmers market. It is worth noting that there is a gorgeous looking spa around the corner which was fully booked but on our next visit we will definitely be booking in (in advance!) there!

A wonderful place, thoughtful host and delightful decor/ interior and architecture. You can tell a lot of thought and love has gone into making this special little place feel like home.

We will be going again for sure!

25 May 2018
Hello Amber,

What a lovely review, thank you so much - I am so pleased that you enjoyed your birthday celebrations at the cottage. I always endeavor to make it a little bit special as I am so thankful for people wanting to spend special occasions at the cottage. I am delighted you like the design and decor, I know you come from a design background - so I am chuffed! You are most welcome to come back anytime and I hope to see you both again soon.

Best wishes,

wendy E
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Lovely cottage”
Reviewed 13 April 2018 for a stay in April 2018

A lovely homely cottage, welcome gifts and bubbly were very much appreciated. Lavenham is well worth a visit lots to see and do. As Katie says the cottage is able to cater for a very small dog, however, be aware that the front door leads on to a busy road so you need to be mindful not to let your dog out of sight. Unfortunately the noise from the traffic which was late into the evening and early in the morning together with the restaurant which is next door made our stay not as peaceful as we had hoped.

16 Apr 2018
Hi Wendy,

Thank you very much for your kind words about the cottage. I'm so pleased you found it comfortable and enjoyed the welcome gifts.

We are in the heart of Lavenham, so noise transference is completely unavoidable. Our location is what most guests enjoy, being that we are walking distance to all of Lavenham's amenities, it's quite difficult to marry complete peace and quiet within a popular village setting sadly.

I believe the traffic noise from the road you mention will have been heightened by the temporary single file traffic system which was put in place whilst scaffolding was being erected on a building further down the street. It is not usually an unreasonably busy street and this works will have caused traffic to build up. This is very unfortunate and I am sorry that it disturbed you.

We do have neighbours as we are a terraced property and due to the historic nature of the architecture there is likely to be residual noise, which is beyond my control.

Whilst I can accommodate a small dog; their safety is the responsibility of their owner and I would always advise researching the property and location to ensure it is suitable for your needs before hand as a large number of properties in Lavenham do open directly onto the pavement.

Thank you once again for booking with us and I'm pleased that you enjoyed exploring Lavenham, it's such a special place.

With my very best wishes,

Colbyjack...
“An absolute gem”
Reviewed 2 April 2018 for a stay in March 2018

This cottage is amazing, it is in the heart of Lavenham and only a minute walk to the village square, which has everything that you need,
We only stayed for a long weekend but if time allowed we would defiantly stay longer as sharing your time between this amazing cottage and the surrounding area in three days is difficult
Katie does an amazing job at keeping the cottage in tip top condition and everything is finished to a VERY high standard.
Do not be fooled that it only sleeps two as the cottage is very spacious
This cottage could break my Golden rule and pay another visit
10 stars

16 Apr 2018
Hi Liz,

Thank you SO much for you incredibly kind review. I am beyond pleased that you enjoyed your stay. I have worked extremely hard to make the cottage the best it can possibly be, so I'm utterly grateful for your appreciation! The location is perfect for exploring, isn't it?

Please do break your golden rule and visit again, you, your husband and gorgeous pooch were 10 star guests!

All my best,

juliehowa...
Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
“Perfect luxury”
Reviewed 13 March 2018 for a stay in March 2018

Just returned from a weekend break at this beautiful, well designed, perfectly elegant little cottage. Equipped with everything you could need and more, situated in the lovely unspoilt Lavenham. Well worth a visit we will definitely be returning.

Hi Julie!

Thank you so much for your fabulous review and such kind words. I am beyond pleased that you enjoyed your stay and would love to welcome you both back soon!

Take care & all my best,

lk H
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Everything and more ..”
Reviewed 24 February 2018 for a stay in February 2018

Booked Blacksmiths cottage for a relaxing break away!
Perfect location for walking round Lavenham or heading out in the car. We visited Flatford Mill and Snape Maltings.
Easy parking at the front of the cottage.
The welcome pack was perfect, no need to find a shop when you arrive!
If your looking for a place to switch off from work, recover or simply just treat yourself, then this is the place, well equipped, with lovely bedding, towels, toiletries and spotless. Then there is the bath! Just what you need after a day out.
A very comfortable, modern cottage, but still retaining it's charm and history.
A visit to Munning's tearoom in the crooked house is a must, real atmosphere and great food.

15 Mar 2018
Thank you so much for your very kind words, Laura, what a lovely review. I'm so pleased you both enjoyed your stay and afternoon tea at Munnings! I hope to have you stay again in the future!

Best wishes,

clairebee...
London, United Kingdom
“Perfection in Lavenham”
Reviewed 5 January 2018 for a stay in January 2018

What a gorgeous hidden gem in Lavenham! A beautiful cottage, tastefully decorated, spotlessly clean and very well equipped - we especially loved the amazing bathtub and the pretty Christmas tree! Centrally located in a picturesque and quiet village, it was the perfect place to relax. We enjoyed visits to local villages including Long Melford and Clare and to Aldeburgh for a chilly walk on the beach and fish n chips. Katie provided a lovely welcome pack and was a pleasure to deal with, providing lots of useful information and an easy check in. We loved the cottage and cannot wait to return.

15 Mar 2018
Thank you so much Claire! What a lovely review. You were most welcome and I cannot wait to welcome you back, perhaps in warmer climes so that you can see Lavenham in the sunshine!

All my very best,

Amy L
“Luxury of Lavenham”
Reviewed 3 January 2018 for a stay in December 2017

My boyfriend and I wanted to treat ourselves to a retreat for New Year and what a treat it was. This gorgeous cottage was just what the doctor ordered. We have the most amazing stay thanks to Katie, from the cute welcome package to the amazing decor! We will most definitely be looking to come back as this was a hidden gem.

Lavenham had so much to offer to and we even popped to the beach in Felixstowe, about 40 minute drive away. We had a truly wonderful time and would recommend Blacksmith’s Cottage to anyone and everyone!

Thank you for an amazing stay.

Amy and Jack x

5 Jan 2018
Thank you so much Amy - you are so kind. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay and chose to stay with us on NYE! It is most appreciated and I really hope to welcome you and Jack back soon. Happy New Year!

All my very best,

Katie
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing