“Blacksmith's Splendour & Pet Friendly Lavenham”
other traveller has booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Oasthouse...
East Sussex, United Kingdom
“Blacksmith's Splendour & Pet Friendly Lavenham”
Reviewed 12 May 2018 for a stay in May 2018

Absolutely overwhelmed by Katie's beautiful and fabulously furnished pet friendly cottage right in the heart of Lavenham making it a wonderful choice for our short stay. The back lit copper slipper bath was such a delight. We particularly liked dining next door at Nr10 (as did our dog Poppy) and the closeby Great House and Swan, together with light snacks, coffee and tea at The Crocked House. The many fine pubs and tea rooms in Lavenham and the surrounding villages nearby were all found to be dog friendly too. Will definitely return.

25 May 2018
Thank you SO much! I am overwhelmed by your lovely review. Lavenham is super dog friendly and we love having them to stay at the cottage. The choice of eateries is great and can be difficult to choose between them, it looks like you've managed to visit quite a few - brilliant! Thanks again for looking after the cottage and I'd be delighted to welcome you back soon!

tracy W
London, England, United Kingdom
“Our wedding anniversary break with the dogs”
Reviewed 4 May 2018 for a stay in April 2018

Wow, what can I say. A gem of a cottage with so much thought and detail to make it a relaxing stay. Gorgeous copper bath to relax in after those plentiful walks that lavenham affords. Abundance of dog friendly eateries on your doorstep. Fabulous butchers up the road and boutiques if you want to spend a little. My favourite walk was the dissuaded railway track and such a mystical feel to the place. I won't spoil other surprises as lavenham and where the cottage is is full of them. Loved it. Thank you.

25 May 2018
It's my absolute pleasure, Tracy! The Disused railway line is one of my favourites too. Thank you for your incredibly kind words and lovely review. Thank you also for looking after the cottage during your stay, it's hugely appreciated. I'm beyond delighted that you enjoyed it and I hope to have you back soon!

Best and warmest wishes,

bradydebs
Romford
“Beautiful cottage in a fabulous location”
Reviewed 22 April 2018 for a stay in April 2018

Booked Blacksmith's cottage as a surprise birthday treat for my husband. From the moment we arrived we were pleasantly surprised at how lovely the cottage was. We appreciated the luxury touches, the wonderful copper bath, robes, fluffy towels and attention to detail. Even the welcome basket included a gorgeous coffee and walnut cake, wine, juice, eggs, bread and preserves. The cottage is in the perfect location, right in the centre of the village of Lavenham. We had daily walks and enjoyed interesting conversations with the local people, There was so much to see and do, as well as enjoying the great food served at the local restaurants.

We wholeheartedly recommend Blacksmith's Cottage, the attention to detail and hospitality shown is genuine. Thank you so much for your kind welcome and we look forward to returning later in the year.

Deborah & Tony

Hello Deborah and Tony,

Thank you so much for your lovely review. You are most welcome!! I loved having you stay, you were extremely considerate guests and the cottage was immaculate after you had left! I do try very hard to create a warm inviting space and I'm so glad you liked it. Lavenham is such a beautiful village and we are so lucky to be right in the center, the locals are great and so friendly. I hope to welcome you back again soon!

Amber R
“Perfect pet friendly contemporary interior & beautiful architecturally”
Reviewed 16 April 2018 for a stay in March 2018

The location is fantastic, so close to the picturesque village. A great place to enjoy and unwind and the cottage itself has everything you can think of needing! A very well thought out kitchen and use of a delicious coffee machine. Some of the softest bed sheet's I have ever slept in and just lovely touches everywhere. It feels very designer and thoughtful in it's design.

The host, Katie, also ensures you really feel special and looked after. She made extra effort to help my birthday celebrations and these touches were so heart warming. I have never experienced such an attention to detail in the UK before.

I have to say I enjoyed staying in such an old cottage and admiring the architecture and how different modern houses are today.

The welcome pack and hamper really help you to get your stay off to a flying start as you feel well informed and well equipped. No need to worry about where to go for dinner or how to use things in the cottage.

There are many nice restaurants nearby and we particularly enjoyed visiting the farmers market. It is worth noting that there is a gorgeous looking spa around the corner which was fully booked but on our next visit we will definitely be booking in (in advance!) there!

A wonderful place, thoughtful host and delightful decor/ interior and architecture. You can tell a lot of thought and love has gone into making this special little place feel like home.

We will be going again for sure!

Hello Amber,

What a lovely review, thank you so much - I am so pleased that you enjoyed your birthday celebrations at the cottage. I always endeavor to make it a little bit special as I am so thankful for people wanting to spend special occasions at the cottage. I am delighted you like the design and decor, I know you come from a design background - so I am chuffed! You are most welcome to come back anytime and I hope to see you both again soon.

wendy E
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Lovely cottage”
Reviewed 13 April 2018 for a stay in April 2018

A lovely homely cottage, welcome gifts and bubbly were very much appreciated. Lavenham is well worth a visit lots to see and do. As Katie says the cottage is able to cater for a very small dog, however, be aware that the front door leads on to a busy road so you need to be mindful not to let your dog out of sight. Unfortunately the noise from the traffic which was late into the evening and early in the morning together with the restaurant which is next door made our stay not as peaceful as we had hoped.

16 Apr 2018
Hi Wendy,

Thank you very much for your kind words about the cottage. I'm so pleased you found it comfortable and enjoyed the welcome gifts.

We are in the heart of Lavenham, so noise transference is completely unavoidable. Our location is what most guests enjoy, being that we are walking distance to all of Lavenham's amenities, it's quite difficult to marry complete peace and quiet within a popular village setting sadly.

I believe the traffic noise from the road you mention will have been heightened by the temporary single file traffic system which was put in place whilst scaffolding was being erected on a building further down the street. It is not usually an unreasonably busy street and this works will have caused traffic to build up. This is very unfortunate and I am sorry that it disturbed you.

We do have neighbours as we are a terraced property and due to the historic nature of the architecture there is likely to be residual noise, which is beyond my control.

Whilst I can accommodate a small dog; their safety is the responsibility of their owner and I would always advise researching the property and location to ensure it is suitable for your needs before hand as a large number of properties in Lavenham do open directly onto the pavement.

Thank you once again for booking with us and I'm pleased that you enjoyed exploring Lavenham, it's such a special place.

With my very best wishes,

Colbyjack...
“An absolute gem”
Reviewed 2 April 2018 for a stay in March 2018

This cottage is amazing, it is in the heart of Lavenham and only a minute walk to the village square, which has everything that you need,
We only stayed for a long weekend but if time allowed we would defiantly stay longer as sharing your time between this amazing cottage and the surrounding area in three days is difficult
Katie does an amazing job at keeping the cottage in tip top condition and everything is finished to a VERY high standard.
Do not be fooled that it only sleeps two as the cottage is very spacious
This cottage could break my Golden rule and pay another visit
10 stars

16 Apr 2018
Hi Liz,

Thank you SO much for you incredibly kind review. I am beyond pleased that you enjoyed your stay. I have worked extremely hard to make the cottage the best it can possibly be, so I'm utterly grateful for your appreciation! The location is perfect for exploring, isn't it?

Please do break your golden rule and visit again, you, your husband and gorgeous pooch were 10 star guests!

All my best,

juliehowa...
Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
“Perfect luxury”
Reviewed 13 March 2018 for a stay in March 2018

Just returned from a weekend break at this beautiful, well designed, perfectly elegant little cottage. Equipped with everything you could need and more, situated in the lovely unspoilt Lavenham. Well worth a visit we will definitely be returning.

15 Mar 2018
Hi Julie!

Thank you so much for your fabulous review and such kind words. I am beyond pleased that you enjoyed your stay and would love to welcome you both back soon!

Take care & all my best,

Katie
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing