“Beautiful Place to Stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lavenham
Lavenham Old Rectory
Ranked #7 of 8 Lavenham B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 October 2012

We stayed 2 nights in the Constable Room. It has a 4 poster bed, is very comfortable and extremely quiet. The Gardens are wonderful and the views of the church are amazing. The breakfast was fantastic and the staff were very attentive. If we ever go back to Lavenham I would choose to stay here rather than anywhere else. Susie is a wonderful host and even arranged for me to have my breakfast early as my daughter was getting married and so I needed an early start to the day.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Lavenham Old Rectory

Reviewed 23 August 2012

We stayed for two nights in the the coach house suite for our wedding. Fantastic suite, very romantic.
Breakfast was wonderful, attention to detail fantastic. The young waitress was very attentive, polite and helpful, wish every hotel had staff like this, A*
We felt like old friends and would recommend this hotel to anyone.
The suite was luxurious, spacious and the garden beautiful.
Can't wait to see my wedding photos, we really had a wonderful stay.
Thank you .

Room Tip: Suites were amazing.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2012

We enjoyed a two day break here and had a marvellous time. Bed was super comfy (stayed in Thomas Gainsborough) elegant decor, fabulous breakfast including hot blueberry muffins fresh from the oven! Stunning garden, excellent hosts. Will definitely return.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 June 2012

We have spent a week at the Old Rectory following our first visit last year. It is even better now, and we staying in one of the superb suites in the stable block. It is very spacious and luxuriously appointed, easily matching the best five star hotels. We don't often stay at B&Bs but this is exceptional and we would specially recommend to anyone who would normally stay at a hotel. Try one of the suites for lots of space and privacy. Susie and Jonathan are the perfect hosts and will ensure you are completely happy.

Room Tip: Spoil yourself and stay in one of the suites
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 May 2012

My partner and I have just spent a luxurious night at The Old Rectory in Lavenham. We visited with friends (their third visit) and stayed in the Coach House Suite. Beautiful original building which has been renovated and improved sympathetically but with great imagination and style. Who would think of putting a double sized hip bath in your bedroom! Trust us - it works! Cannot compliment the owners and staff enough. Nothing is too much trouble, no fuss, no false niceties, just genuine concern for your enjoyment. Beautiful gardens and a private walled garden to the suites! We will be returning without ANY doubt and recommend it wholeheartedly to those travellers who appreciate kindness, elegance, style and panache. The Old Rectory is a 'must do.' By the way, we are NOT employed by or are friends of the owners. We are genuine guests who believe in saying it how it is. AA 5 Star, Certificates of excellence? Absolutely not surprised and well deserved.

Room Tip: If you can afford the extra cost The Coach House Suite is to die for! Seriously! But there is no s...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Malc-1952
Reviewed 9 February 2012

First words WOW,
What can I say, This place is the best place i've ever stayed at and the attenation to detail that Jonathan and Susie have gone to will blow your mind, If it's a Fantastic Mini break Your looking for then this is your place, Need not look no more.
My wife and I stayed in the de vere suite and it was everything we wanted and more, But i reconmended you check out all the suites as this place is the best place you will ever see and the village is Perfect in every way and all on foot, No Car needed, The breakfast are too out of this world, Credit to the chef, I reconmend you view this place asap as my wife and i can not wait to rebook for our second stay 300%, This is the 8th wonder of the world and heaven on earth :-)

Room Tip: De vere is top notch but i reconmend you view them all if you can.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank J0hn9
Reviewed 12 January 2012

Oh my word, we loved it here. The beautiful room & the 1920's ensuite were excellent. The home made short bread in a tin by the kettle was devoured! The bed was huge & comfortable & the food was out of this world. We woke on our first morning to the smell of fresh baking & the taste was even better than the smell. Home made scone, muffins, toast, fruit followed by a full English. I needed the walks to try & get rid of the colories I had eaten. The grounds are also very special although being October, we never actually got to walk in them.
I could not rate this place higher. truly special.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pearcey67
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lavenham
Swan Hotel & Spa Lavenham
Lavenham Great House Hotel & Restaurant
The Angel Hotel
The Angel Hotel
#3 of 8 in Lavenham

Been to Lavenham Old Rectory? Share your experiences!