My friend took me away as a surprise for my birthday. And I have to say we had a fabulous time.
The hotel - We stayed in the Attic room, which was very sweet indeed. With complimentary bottle of sherry, tv and DVD player with a DVD of visit Lavenham which was useful, comfy bed, lovely bathroom with robes. All very nice indeed.
The restuarant - This was really the highlight of our trip, being a keen student sommelier I was delighted when asking for the wine list, being presented with a rather large book of wines to chose from. The food was excellent, I had the duck for starter and main which were both cooked correctly. Followed by a most excellent choice of cheeses and brandy's to end the evening.
The service was first class and the French waiter was both friendly and knowledgable about the food & wines. I even got to practice a bit of French which is always entertaining.
I highly recommend and look forward to visiting again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Great House Hotel and Restaurant in Lavenham is located in the heart of Suffolk, offering unmatched service and luxurious accommodation. The hotel has recently undergone a complete re-fit which has raised the bar to an even higher level. It is an unparalleled experience of exquisite French style and flair, perfectly matched to the heart of English village life offering the best in style and comfort with character and warmth. AA 5 Star Restaurant with Rooms - Inspector's choice. AA 3 rosette Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Lavenham Great House Hotel & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lavenham Great House Hotel And Restaurant
- Lavenham Great House Hotel & Restaurant Suffolk