My wife and I spent a wonderful two nights (Saturday & Sunday) Every aspect of our stay was just perfect. Our room (Room 3) was spotlessly clean, comfortable with DVD player, coffee machine etc. Very comfy bed too.
Supper on the Saturday night was lovely in every way - My Starter was a carpaccio of Tuna (delicious) Followed by a steak cooked exactly as I like it. (rare) My dessert was a silky smooth Creme Brulee -one of the best I have ever had. We chose a Chablis to accompany our meal which again was delicious and not over priced.
Our weekend was made all the more interesting as the "Great Storm" hit on the Sunday morning causing a power cut. The looked-forward to Full English was impossible but an impressive continental breakfast was on offer instead.
The staff were all French and very professional. Both of us love France so it was an added pleasure to be reminded of a country we visit several times a year.
We both thought that our stay was excellent and, for what we had, good value. We will definately be going back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Great House Hotel and Restaurant in Lavenham is located in the heart of Suffolk, offering unmatched service and luxurious accommodation. The hotel has recently undergone a complete re-fit which has raised the bar to an even higher level. It is an unparalleled experience of exquisite French style and flair, perfectly matched to the heart of English village life offering the best in style and comfort with character and warmth. AA 5 Star Restaurant with Rooms - Inspector's choice. AA 3 rosette Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Lavenham Great House Hotel & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lavenham Great House Hotel And Restaurant
- Lavenham Great House Hotel & Restaurant Suffolk