“Cannot wait to return”

Swan Hotel & Spa Lavenham
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lavenham
Reviewed 1 December 2011

Just back from our favourite hotel The Swan at Lavenham . Outstanding service and a top class restaurant make this beautiful hotel extra special . We even left our toothbrush charger behind and received it by post without charge 2 days following our one night dbb stay on 28 November .

Such a quaint location and hotel .

Staff , particularly in the restaurant and at reception could not have provided better service and the food is top class too .

Got an excellent deal in November .

Cannot to wait to return

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank winterwillie

Reviewed 28 November 2011

I stayed here one night for a friend's birthday celebrations its was fabulous we were with our young son who was given a double sofa bed so he was thrilled. Staff were excellent and the attention to detail was amazing. We had dinner in a private room with our son insisting on having ham, egg and chips which was not on the menu, everything was was faultless. The breakfast the following morning was wonderful with plenty of food and coffee. I would stay again.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank guzmo
Reviewed 27 November 2011

I stayed here for one night as part of a group of about 28 people who were all in the area for a wedding nearby. I arrived early, at about midday, along with another guest. Only one of the rooms was ready, so the two of us had to get changed in my room (fair enough, as the official check in time was later in the day I think). The porter kindly said that he would take the other guest's belongings to their room once the room was ready, which was very nice considering we would not be back at the hotel until the late evening. Whilst I wasn't here for an evening meal, the breakfast was great and they were more than happy to serve me with a dish that wasn't on their menu (even if it was only bacon on toast!). The room was very clean and tidy, although a low beam in the bathroom was somewhat challenging at 1 in the morning. A pleasant bar and lounge area to enjoy made the long trek to some people's rooms much less of a chore.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the old part of the hotel, much more cosy.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 November 2011

We stayed at the Swan for 1 night in October. The highlight of our stay was the evening meal served in the Gallery Restaurant. It was faultless! The breakfast was also excellent. I would add that we were disappointed in our room (number 1), as it was on the small side and very stuffy being located next to the boiler room. We would not have been happy had we paid the full rate.

Room Tip: Avoid room 1!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KSB5050
Reviewed 23 November 2011

Stayed here last about 20 years ago, the hotel has had a refurbishment but has still lost non of the charm and uniqueness it had then.
Staff were excellent, especially those on reception and in the restaurant. It's worth going to Lavenham just to stay at the Swan, many thanks to the staff for making our stay special.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 November 2011

Stayed here for a week for business, and had a great stay.
Was upgraded to a suite with a four poster bed and was very impressed(the room was awesome value at a Corporate rate but I would maybe have thought twice at the full rate).
The most impressive thing for me about the Swan is the service and staff: they were happy, professional and attentive throughout my week's stay and are a credit to them hotel.
The level of service was wholly commensurate with the quality and standard of the hotel - a rare accomplishment in my experience and the management should be proud of their team.
We ate in the hotel throughout the week: the breakfast menu has something for all (the salmon and scrambled eggs were a highlight) and the brasserie menu is high quality and good value. My expenses will not be a problem on this trip!
Lavenham is pretty dull after dark but I could be tempted back to the Swan! Thanks for a good stay

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank Frontmanphill
Reviewed 11 November 2011

I stayed here prior to their recent refurbishment. I have visited since the changes and the building has retained its charm but has a contemporary feel. I stayed in a suite which was wonderful. I was left chocolates and smellies which made it extra special. The food was out of this world. The chef has changed since then. But when I stopped again for a quick meal, it was still superb. Lavenham has loads of lovely quaint old buildings and shops and The Swan is a great base to visit them from. Garden very pretty too in summer.

Room Tip: Ask for a feature room.
  • Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lavenham
16 mi away
18 mi away
Tuddenham Mill
Tuddenham Mill
#1 of 1 in Tuddenham

Been to Swan Hotel & Spa Lavenham? Share your experiences!