1,446 results
All reviews gallery restaurant afternoon tea beautiful hotel brasserie menu old building suffolk breakfast main restaurant sorbet lounge area venison the ground floor low beams scones first class birthday treat public areas old world
Reviewed 29 August 2015

We had a two night stay as part of a tour of East Anglia and were not disappointed with the experience. This hotel deserves to be on the bucket list of most discerning people and we certainly enjoyed the experience.
We stayed on a Secret Escapes deal which made the visit more affordable as the place is pricey however as a treat it worth the visit.
Dinner was excellent with my wife enjoying a duo of lamb beautifully prepared and myself some of the best venison I've tasted. A lovely touch was the sommelier visiting you whilst selecting your dining options to advise on the most appropriate wine selections - he talked me up into more expensive but delicious option which I wouldn't have chosen otherwise and attentiveness at the table from him and the other staff was exemplary. Breakfasts were served to the table with a wide variety of choice.
We also made use of the spa enjoying an afternoon sunbathing outdoors mixed with a number of spa experiences - very relaxing.
The only negative for us was that the bar (and other prices) are more expensive than necessary e.g. a pint of real ale (not best maintained) at £4.30 and pot of tea at £3.50.
As mentioned however the hotel building as a venue is the main appeal and we loved the whole ambiance of the place. We will probably return!

1  Thank daveatsaughall
JaneLarcombeBDM, Director of Sales at Swan Hotel & Spa Lavenham, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2015

Please accept our thanks for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor and thank you for choosing to stay at The Swan at Lavenham Hotel & Spa. We're delighted to hear that you enjoyed yourselves and will return. I have shared your feedback to our Food & Beverage Manager, John Morrell.

Many thanks once again and if I can assist you further at any time, please do let me know.

Reviewed 28 August 2015

I went for lunch with my family here for a special occasion yesterday. While the food was very good the whole experience was soured by a very rude Maitre d'. He was not hospitable in anyway. He acted as if we were creating a problem at every instant. Even asking for a table when we arrived was met with a shrug and disgruntled look. His behaviour was simply not acceptable.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Oliver B
JaneLarcombeBDM, Manager at Swan Hotel & Spa Lavenham, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2015

Please accept my apologies for the delay in responding to your feedback, but thank you for taking the time to make contact with us here at The Swan at Lavenham Hotel & Spa. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the situation you encountered. I have already contacted our Food & Beverage Manager about this matter and understand that the person in question is no longer working at our hotel. That said, I would like to follow up this matter with you in person, so please contact me on email at: jane.larcombe@theswanatlavenham.co.uk I look forward to hearing from you. Kindest regards Jane

Reviewed 26 August 2015

My husband and I experienced a very good service, professional and - at the same time - kind and friendly. Breakfasts were rich and well cooked, and our only dinner at the breasserie revelaled a very experienced and creative chef. Our room was beautiful, with a comfortable bed. Since we had nice weather for most of the week we were able to enjoy the garden. What we liked best was the atmosphere, quiet and relaxed. The only problem was with the wi-fi in our bedroom, which worked only for a couple of days.

2  Thank MariannaVerona

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at The Swan at Lavenham Hotel & Spa and for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor. We're delighted that you enjoyed your stay. I am based remotely and rely on WiFi, when I visit the hotel each week. Normally our WiFi connectivity is very good indeed, so I sincerely apologise that you experienced an issue, during your stay. We do hope that you visit us again one day.

Many thanks again for your feedback and if I can assist you further, please do let me know.

Reviewed 24 August 2015

We only stayed one night at The Swan, whilst visiting family nearby. The hotel appears to be made up of several old houses in a row and has a small car park at the back and a pretty garden. There is a lot of lounge space, with comfortable sofas and armchairs and there are two restaurants. We had booked into the Brasserie and were given a lovely table with a sofa. The food and service in the restaurant were both very good. Staff were generally friendly and plentiful. Unfortunately, we were given a room over the kitchens (31 - Clare). It was a very hot night so we wanted to sleep with the windows open and there was quite a lot of crashing and banging from the kitchen, together with quite a lot of road noise, although this is a small town, the Swan is on the corner of the main street and a side street. However, the room was very nicely furnished (Heritage Room) and comfortable. It was a long walk from reception on the first floor with lots of odd steps up and down on the way. It was also extremely creaky and had 3 steps up to the bathroom which could be difficult for the less able. The room also had two of my pet hates: One is a shower over the bath and the other was the quality of in room coffee/tea. It's nice to have a kettle with tea and coffee but I think that sachets of instant coffee in a room that costs £270 a night is seriously naff!! I would expect, at least, a small coffee machine at that price. Breakfast is served at the table (no buffets here) and was a little slow. However, it was Sunday morning and we did arrive at the busiest time. Coffee was good and strong as requested and the hot breakfast came up hot. All in all its a nice place but just needs a bit of tweaking here and there.

Room tip: Ask for a room facing the garden if you don't like noise.
1  Thank Melanie D

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide your review on Trip Advisor. We also thank you for choosing to stay at The Swan at Lavenham Hotel & Spa.

Customer feedback is important to us and your comments have been passed to our General Manager. Should you wish to rebook in the future, please ask the team to recommend a different room and they'll be able to see where you stayed previously, from our booking system.

Thank you again for your feedback and if I can assist you further at any time, please do let me know.

Reviewed 23 August 2015 via mobile

A beautiful, romantic historic hotel in the heart of charming Lavenham. We enjoyed a lovely room and several very good meals. The property strikes an excellent and tasteful balance between atmospheric historic architecture, elegant luxurious interior design and excellent friendly service from all the staff we encountered. All in all, a perfect base to explore Lavenham, the surrounding towns and countryside. Highly recommended

Date of stay: August 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Venustas96

Many thanks indeed for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. We're delighted that you enjoyed your visit to Lavenham and The Swan. We look forward to welcoming you back again one day.