1,446 results
All reviews gallery restaurant afternoon tea beautiful hotel brasserie menu old building suffolk breakfast main restaurant sorbet lounge area venison the ground floor low beams scones first class birthday treat public areas old world
Reviewed 7 March 2016

This hotel in beautiful , has stunning period public rooms attended a wedding and it was amazing . The spa was gorgeous , the wedding and food was amazing and the breakfast was first class .
Just thought our bedroom was cluttered and dated , the room was too hot and the lamp didn't work the bulb had gone & room was very dark , but despite ringing and reporting bulb needed replacing - they didn't attend to it !

Date of stay: August 2015
JaneLarcombeBDM, Director of Sales at Swan Hotel & Spa Lavenham, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2016

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review via Trip Advisor.

We're delighted to hear that you enjoyed your spa experience and everything about the wedding. I am not sure why we were unable to change the bulb in your room and I will look in to this, but thank you for bringing this to our attention. Many thanks once again for sharing your feedback.

If I can assist you further, at any time, please do let me know.

Reviewed 6 March 2016 via mobile

This was my first visit to this delightful venue for a family combined birthday/Mother's day lunch. Our age range was 18 months to nearly 90 but food was delectable and adapted to each age.
Service was impeccable and ambience charming. Food was traditional and exceedingly tasty. Will return.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor.

We appreciate customer feedback and we're delighted to hear that we were able to assist your family to enjoy some special celebratory time together. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Swan at Lavenham in the future.

If I can assist you further, at any time, please do let me know.

Reviewed 6 March 2016 via mobile

Wonderful stay at The Swan this weekend. The spa facilities are really indulgent and my husband and I both had truly blissful treatments. The customer service in both the hotel and the spa was excellent and the whole experience felt very special. Would highly recommend.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for sharing your kind comments, they are very much appreciated and mean a lot to our hard working team.

We look forward to welcoming you back again and if I can assist you further, at any time, please do let me know.

Reviewed 5 March 2016 via mobile

First time at this wonderful hotel and will definitely be returning... Everything was perfect! The atmosphere was warm and friendly...service first class and food lovely..we were even able to take the uneaten cakes home with us!
A wonderful treat for me and my mum! Can't wait to try the restaurant next time

Trip type: Travelled with family
JaneLarcombeBDM, Director of Sales at Swan Hotel & Spa Lavenham, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2016

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments and I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your Mother's Day visit.

We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 2 March 2016 via mobile

From the moment we arrived to the moment we left we were made to feel welcome. We checked into the Gainsborough Suite a superbly spacious room.

Dumping our bags we went to the spa for pre booked treatments. After our treatments we spent time relaxing making use of the sauna, steam room and outdoors hot tub. After recharging the batteries we then wondered off down the village exploring Lavenham one of our favourite areas to visit.

Returning we relaxed in the lounge sipping on a glass of champagne while perusing the evening menu. Dinner itself was superb the food great and portions sizes just perfect leaving you satisfied but not uncomfortable.

Retiring to our room and after s comfortable night sleep. We took a stroll around the village and returned for breakfast. A true Suffolk breakfast it was, the best part at no point did we feel rushed as is often the case in many other hotels.

Sadly we had to check out and the only negative part of our stay was we only here for the one night. The Swan hotel is a favourite of ours and we shall no doubt return in the near future.

Date of stay: February 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
JaneLarcombeBDM, Director of Sales at Swan Hotel & Spa Lavenham, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2016

Thank you very much indeed for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor. Customer comments are very important to us and we're delighted that you enjoyed your experience and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Thank you again and if I can assist you further, at any time, please do let me know.