“We kept going back!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Number Ten

Number Ten
Ranked #2 of 19 Restaurants in Lavenham
Cuisines: European, British, Wine Bar, International
Good for: Groups, Cheap Eats, Romantic, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Milngavie, United Kingdom
“We kept going back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

This restaurant was just along the road from our holiday cottage and we liked it so much we dined there 3 times. Excellent value with all mains other than steak just under £10 which you don't often find for this standard of cooking - lovely delicate sauces and also an excellent selection of home made desserts.Some changes to the menu daily so you could return and not have the same thing. In a lovely old building decor is very tasteful ( loved the table for 2 in the inglenook) and there is also a courtyard garden which was nice to eat in after a very hot day. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Would have gone another time but they had a function on one of the nights we wanted to go.

Dear Jan and David,

Thank you for taking the time to review Number Ten. It was lovely to see you pop back so frequently during your recent holiday to Lavenham. Many thanks for your comments regarding the food, I shall be sure to pass your appreciation through to the kitchen team.

Hope to see you again soon.

Lavenham, United Kingdom
“A Happy Return”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

Our third visit, last evening, with another couple who are very well travelled and know what's good - and not so good. We all came away with happy memories and will definitely return. Our visit was not without qualms as our last one was 'iffy' due to a small menu offered and slightly disappointing food then, but hopefully this was just a blip. Certainly we were very well looked after, delicious bread and nibbles with our prosecco, superb chicken, lots of vegetables and generous sized and tasting desserts. All main courses were just £9.95 including the vegs! Our friends (who live abroad) just loved the atmosphere and the surroundings. Keep up the good work at Number Ten, you are a star!

Visited July 2014
Dear MichaelW,

Thank you for reviewing Number Ten. We were pleased to hear that you had a good return visit. We are a new business and take all constructive criticism on board. Our menu has expanded a little in recent weeks, however we will always be limited as we cook out of a domestic kitchen and mainly off an aga which comes with its own challenges, I am sure you can imagine!

Thanks for the positive comments and hopefully see you again very soon.

Ipswich, United Kingdom
“Beautiful restauarant full of character”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

Went here for lunch and were very impressed with the care and attention that have been put into this relatively new venture. The decor was first class and very tastefully done. The service was slick and professional. The menu was a good mix of dishes with something for everyone. We chose to have a main course and a dessert. My husband had the Moroccan lamb and rice dish which was spiced to perfection and the meat was obviously very good quality and literally fell apart it had been so beautifully coked in the aga. I had a vegetarian dish of stilton stuffed mushrooms with homemade bread and a side salad. This was again beautifully seasoned and presented. The bread, baked in the aga was to die for! My only small negative comment about this dish was that I thought it was quite over-priced, for the amount that was served - two pretty small field mushrooms, some salad and a few slices of the delicious bread....at £9.95, and the same price as my husband's lamb dish, I thought this was a little steep.
For dessert my husband had a very well made summer pudding - the best either of us had ever tasted and I had peanut butter cheesecake. Both were very good, but again, only a very small criticism, the vanilla icecream which was served with both dishes was very poor quality, with lumps of ice in it and this let down the overall standard of the desserts.
The toilets were scrupulously clean and very quirkily decorated...the 'Emergency box for ladies' was brilliant!!! I have never seen this idea before and thought it was genius!
All in all a really great restaurant which we would definitely return to.
( Don't spend hours trying to find their website as I did....it doesnt exist yet, but is a work in progress!)

1 Thank nicky66ipswich
Ni Nicky66,

Many thanks for your review. We were pleased to hear you had such a pleasant experience with us. As far as our pricing goes, we try and keep it as simple as possible. Almost all of our main courses are priced at £9.95, whilst I realise that this may seem a little steep for some dishes (although a lot less expense that other places I hasten to add), it makes other dishes such as the Moroccan lamb, which is an expensive product, exceptionally good value. I have noted your comments on the icecream too which I will review.

We really hope to see you again soon - and we are working on the website, I promise!!!

Sudbury, United Kingdom
“Very trusting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

I went in for a meal and there was 8 of us in the party. I had been wanting to go for ages and wasn't let down. We arrived at 8 and the whole evening was perfect!

Firstly, the starters were delicious as well as huge! There was some sort of whole grain mustard dressing on my salad(?) it was so delicious I ate all my leaves (I never normally do)

The mains afterwards were also well portioned and my chicken and bacon was awesome.

I had a cheeseboard for desserts and unfortunately I couldn't finish it. Although this was because I was full.

The service was very good, especially as we were in the separate room and ts not always easy to see if we had finished or not.

We had a few bottles of rose too which was really refreshing.

Now comes the two amazing things.

1.) the price- I could not believe how cheap it is there. The price came out at 30 pounds a head for 3 courses and drinks.

2.) toward the end of the evening it started to rain! Then it rained some more. Then the thunder and lightening started and the whole of lavenham lost power. While we loved sitting in the candlelight we realised wenwouldn be able to pay because mis of our party had cards.

No problem! Go home and we'll ring you in the morning and sort paymen out then. I just refuse to believe that many other places would afford us this luxury!

All I would say is this! Book!! Otherwise you'll be very lucky to get a table

Thanks :)

Hi MarkL,

It was great to meet you and host your family party last Saturday. Things were most definitely livened up by the lack of power following those huge storms!! We were pleased you had a good night and equally pleased you found us to be trusting, we generally believe that most people are pretty honest!

We hope to see you and the gang back again very soon, on hopefully what will be a slightly less candle lit affair!

Ipswich, United Kingdom
“Mostly certainly worth a visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

Great environment with friendly locals, super staff and very good food. Starters courses seem to be more interesting than the mains (nearly all priced at under £ 10) One criticism would be the cost of the wine, a tad expensive for casual dining. We will most certainly return

Dear AlanL,

Many thanks for reviewing Number Ten. We were pleased you enjoyed your visit here, but a little concerned that you found the wine to be pricy as there are several glasses that cost less than £4.00 per glass. I would be very happy to go through our wine list with you should you visit us again, I am sure we can find something that will tickle your tastebuds and suit your budget.