We were looking for somewhere cheap to stay the night after a friends wedding and this fit the bill.
The room was fine, a bit on the small side and shabby in areas but generally clean. The room faced onto the main room and I imagine it could be a bit noisy if you were sober, but I wasn't so I didn't care!
The bathroom to the room was huuuge.
Breakfast was served in the morning, sausages were lovely but the fried eggs and fried bread were a bit overdone. Still enjoyed it though.
Staff were friendly and polite and there was a lovely fat cat who loved attention.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A True East Anglian Inn! A traditional Inn with 14 bedrooms all but one of which are en-suite. We pride ourselves on the warmth of our welcome to all guests and 'regulars.' Our food is fantastic, traditional English style fayre and the bar is as popular with locals as it is with visitors. Almost uniquely to Long Melford, we offer live entertainment throughout the year for your enjoyment. There is ample parking at the rear and a large garden as well as a huge patio area with an equally huge, heated parasol. A quick pint, a family get together or a week's holiday - whatever the occasion ...We look forward to welcoming you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Odigeo, 5viajes2012 S.L., Book Direct Rooms and Evoline ltd so you can book your The George & Dragon Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The George And Dragon Inn
- The George & Dragon Hotel Long Melford
- The George & Dragon Inn Long Melford, Suffolk