“Iceni Tours”

Tiffin's Tea & Coffee House
Ranked #3 of 18 Restaurants in Long Melford
Price range: US$4 - US$15
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Tiffins Tea & Coffee House specialise in fabulous home made cakes including gluten free. We currently have 35 types of loose leaf tea along with our freshly ground Colombian arabica coffee beans for the non tea lovers, we also have milkshakes, hot chocolate and exclusive wine choices. We have a choice of sandwiches, bagels, baguettes & savouries freshley made to choose from daily. We pride ourselves with our friendly service and relaxed atmosphere and would love for you to stop by and say hello.
Reviewed 21 September 2012

Luckily Iceni Tours provides personalised tours of Suffolk for its guests in the Long Melford area and I have never hesitated in taking them to Tiffins Tea Emporium. Kirstie and her staff always offer a warm welcome and do their utmost to make sure their customers are comfortable and feel at ease.
The food is excellent and value for money. Kirstie also provides a good range of gluten free, home made cakes and these are well worth a try. If I have a criticism it's that the gluten free range is not always clear to see, but that's a small point.
My English and American guests that have been to Tiffins have had nothing but praise for the place.
I am delighted to recommend Tiffins both personally and professionally.

Date of visit: June 2012

Reviewed 20 September 2012

Have been to Log Melford several times during our 2 weeks holiday and only found this lovely teashop on our last day! What a shame, as it is just a lovely cosy place to have either a cup of tea or a lunch. Home made delicious cakes and two nice ladies making you very welcome. Don't miss it!

Date of visit: September 2012
Reviewed 23 August 2012

On my day out antique hunting I decided to make a stop in the beautiful Long Melford. It is a lovely village with the most fantastic Tea Room. Tiffin's Tea Emporium is a gorgeous, first class proper tea room. The weather was lovely so I decided to sit in the lovely courtyard out the back. I had the most delicious Cream Tea. All the staff were lovely and attentive and you could tell all the products are made fresh.

If you like proper tea, delicious cakes, lovely china and a beautiful place to enjoy it then Tiffins is for you. I will be back soon and if I lived a little closer I think I would be visiting every day!

Date of visit: August 2012
1  Thank FrancescaPellegrino
Reviewed 5 August 2012

I have been to Tiffin's Tea Emporium a few times and have always had super service from lovely staff, everything is as it should be in a proper teashop. REAL tea! pretty china teasets and gorgeous cakes etc;
A real jewel in Long Melfords crown.

Date of visit: July 2012
Reviewed 28 July 2012

My wife and I stumbled across this little place on the penultimate day of our holiday in Long Melford - what a shame!

We were warmly welcomed by lovely staff who were attentive and cheery at all times. We were shown through to the secluded courtyard, it was a beautiful sunny afternoon so we were grateful for this opportunity.

The waitress talked us through the cakes and scones, all of which are baked by the proprietor on the premises, and finally after dallying for some time we opted for the Cream Tea - I can honestly say these were the best scones I have EVER tasted! Local jam (we took some home) and clotted cream alongside probably the best loose leaf Earl Grey I have tried.

The following day we decided to return for a light lunch before heading home, so pleased we did!

My wife chose the Wild Mushroom Tagliatelle, I opted for the Suffolk Ploughmans. Well what an unexpected pleasure this was, all perfectly cooked and beautifully presented but I must enthuse In particular about my dish. Freshly baked cheese scones topped with ham and Cheddar Cheese before being grilled, served with homemade 'cheeky chutney' (such a pity this is not available to buy too) and a wonderful crisp dressed salad.

My wife and I so very much enjoyed both of our visits to this fabulous place, hats off to the team - a real Gem!