“Definitely good. No ifs, no buts”
Review of More-Ish - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
More-Ish
Cuisines: Contemporary
Reviewed 2 December 2012

I give More-ish 5 stars as a café/sandwich shop/deli - not as a full-blown restaurant.

More-ish is an unusual little enterprise, tucked away behind a shop in the main street of Long Melford. We were out for a day strolling along the long Long Melford street, admiring the antiques, art and specialist shops, and we popped in for a light lunch. We’d definitely go back, without question.

It’s a little café or sandwich shop, but as it sells a range of produce too, it calls itself a delicatessen as well. I believe you can get to it from the street (there is a side access somewhere, the easiest way in for prams), but we accessed it by walking through the “Lady Jane” shop. There are a couple of inside rooms, and if the weather is suitable there are some outdoor tables in the ‘walled garden. The outside is advertised as ‘dog-friendly’.

It’s not fussy. It’s not luxurious. It’s not enormous. But it is ‘honest’, good quality, and enjoyable. We were served by the owner, a pleasant chatty gentleman. He has an unusual menu to offer; in keeping with the setting, it is unfussy, but imaginative and a ton more appetising than typical or sandwich shop fare (Colston Bassett Stilton and sliced apple sandwich anyone? Or would you prefer chicken, pesto and Gruyère?). It’s original. I ordered a salad, and was delighted to see the ingredients being sliced freshly in front of me. The resulting salad was copious, and just as it should be. Likewise, when my wife ordered a soup, the owner selected some fresh veggies from the deli display, then processed them and made the soup on the spot. It was all served nicely, with the (optional) background of a chat with the owner. I wish him every success - and luck, which he may need as More-ish does not have a street frontage.

1  Thank macroKenley