“Ate in the restaurant ...not a good experience”

Best Western Heath Court Hotel
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Newmarket
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Ate in the restaurant ...not a good experience”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Just to point out that I have written to this hotel with my complaints over a week ago! giving them time to respond before I go public. However, no response so here goes. Myself and 7 friends ate in the restaurant last week. We were the only party in. We ordered and then waited 40 mins for it to arrive...with no explanation as to why it was taking so long. When it did arrive, mine was Okay but my colleagues monkfish was dismal..it was about the size of a fish finger, shrivelled and not appealing. Other dishes were about the same standard. We ordered desert...again, a long wait and then when mine came, I sent it back as it was Luke warm. Such a disappointing night's food..shan't be returning.

3 Thank Budslat
HeathCourtHotel, General Manager at Best Western Heath Court Hotel, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Thank you for your feedback, I would apologise for your letter not being responded to in a timely manner, I had forwarded it to my Kitchen Manager to enable him to respond to you directly.

I understand that he has now addressed and resolved your comments and concerns, if however I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Should you wish to discuss anything with me further, please do not hesitate to contact me and I would offer my personal apologies for your dining experience and the delay in responding to you.

Kind regards,

Robert J Nobbs

feedback@heathcourthotel.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 July 2014

we stayed for 5 nights for the july festival of racing an had a great stay at this hotel.First of all the staff were excellent they were worth the 5 stars on their own,nothing was too much trouble for them.The food was also of a very high standard ,breakfast was lovely and had everything you could want,and on the other occasions we ate there it was of a high quality with excellent service.The rooms were very clean and clean sheets everyday,there were a few very small issues with our friends room but nothing to bad to leave any negative comments on,i sometimes wonder what some people expect when they visit hotels like this as although there were some very small,niggly complaints we had a great stay and would recommend this hotel to anyone

1 Thank lynda r
Dear Lynda,

Thank you for reviewing the Heath Court.

I am pleased to see that you and your friends enjoyed your stay and that the Team looked after you, I do hope the weather didn't dampen your spirits at the Races!

You mention a few niggly complaints, if it is not too much trouble, please Email me with these so that I can address them in order to enhance our Customer Experience.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Heath Court.

Kind regards,

Robert J Nobbs

feedback@heathcourthotel.com
london
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I will keep it brief.....

- Dark, small, old, dirty bedroom. (rate £120)
- 70's olive green bathroom suite. Dirty & stained. Grey looking hard towels.
- Window opened onto corridor. No fresh air; that was much needed.
- Very poor customer service.

Room Tip: They have six updated bedrooms in the whole hotel.
6 Thank bean011
Newmarket, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 July 2014

On arrival the lobby and the dining area have recently been decorated, which is modern and welcoming, we checked into our room on arrival (good point the room was ready at noon before 2pm check in) rooms are outdated compared to the lobby I guess these will be the next to be updated and modernised, room was clean but a little small, prices are hiked up during the racing season i wouldnt expect to pay more than £60 for the room that we stayed in not £102 which we paid for a double without breakfast. We came back early from the races due to the weather being awful on ladies day, we were wet and hungry! we ate in the bar area I had sausage and mash and my friend had burger and chips, after this me and my friend went up to bed, we both woke around midnight and were violently sick one after the other this continued through the night we did not stop feeling unwell until 24 hours after we started to feel sick it maybe a coincidence that we were both sick but we both werent intoxicated and it seems very strange that we were both very ill after eating at the hotel, not happy and no I will not be eating at this hotel again!!!!

3 Thank Snare1974
Cheshunt, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 July 2014

dont be fooled by the room pictures on the internet site they only have 8 refurbished rooms which they show,the rest are terrible.the first room we went in smelt so bad of smoke and had a musky odor that we went straight down stairs to change rooms which they did straight away but it was just as bad. our friends room was even worse.the tv was hanging off the wall it smelt awfull the bathroom was from the 70s green suite with all sorts of stains on it and mould in corners .we went back down to reception and asked to see a duty manager he said there were no other rooms available so we asked him if he would stay in that room and he said to be honest no i would not.the rooms were off an internal hall way so if you opened a window it just opened on to it which mad the rooms so hot but you could not turn on ac unit because it gave off a terrible smell.the list is endless,but on a positive note the restaurant and bar has just undergone a total refurb and is very nice but untill the rest of the hotel has been refurbed i would stay well away.

Room Tip: ask for a refurbished room.
4 Thank 23chris1964
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I stayed here on the 6th July and I had a fantastic stay. The staff were all so friendly and they went out of their way to help me have a lovely stay. The hotel has also just had a beautiful refurb :)

Room Tip: Room 4 was absolutely lovely and spacious and I know they even have nicer rooms too. :)
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Liz L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newmarket
Bedford Lodge Hotel & Spa
Best Western Priory Hotel
Best Western Priory Hotel
#7 of 11 in Bury St Edmunds
Rosery Country House Hotel

Been to Best Western Heath Court Hotel? Share your experiences!