“My Stay at the Best Western Heath Court Hotel”

Best Western Heath Court Hotel
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Newmarket
Southampton, United Kingdom
“My Stay at the Best Western Heath Court Hotel”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

On arrival at the reception I was greeted by a very friendly lady also the assistant manager, extremely Smiley very smart and welcoming. The reception looked new modern and clean. My room was very clean nice bathroom tea /coffee/ biscuits extremely comfortable information about the area and fast free internet. The breakfast was great full English which was included in the room price, the staff were very quick in reacting in requests for more tea etc. check out was quick and friendly. I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: It was my first time at the hotel and my room was quiet and overlooked the gallops
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
HeathCourtHotel, General Manager at Best Western Heath Court Hotel, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Dear Maureen,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback , and I am pleased to see that the Team were welcoming looked after you during your stay with us.

I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Heath Court.

Robert J Nobbs

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
London
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We stayed at this hotel when we went to visit Cambridge in March this year. We had booked for room plus breakfast. Location of the hotel is good as it is bang on the highstreet of Market town.
The Hotel was undergoing the renovation, so there was effectively no entrance or reception. The first impression was not very good although, it changed once we located the reception and a helpful staff who guided us to the makeshift reception area.The reception was a small desk between the hallway to rooms and restaurant.
The lady at desk was courteous and she informed us about our upgrade to the hotel suite. apart from all the construction and renovation work going through, the site was safe enough for my 2 yr old kid to run around. The staff didn't mind his exploring nature.
The suite was good although the view from window was ruined by car park. Itwas very spacious (my son ran around the room during our stay )and clean. The ensuite bathroom was very clean and everything else was in line with the expectation from a 3 star hotel.
Only negative point inside the room was its TV. It was not placed in child friendly way,i.e it was in middle of the room and if my son would have pulled the wires, it would have toppled. Now, I would say, the staff would have known this and may be while allocating our suite, they could have given us more child friendly one. But this is not a problem,if you are couple or group of adults.We didn't request any other room, so I guess, I should not complain.The bed was comfortable too as we had a undisturbed night. We had dinner at the restaurant downstairs and it was good. The restaurant,although had a tacky decor like an old pub,but was full of diners. I hope they renovate the restaurant too.
Next morning, we had breakfast at the restaurant. The manager was very attentive and even obliged with my request of Lemon Tea (although I was surprised-he didn't know what the lemon Tea was) Check out was fast and staff at the reception again were very courteous.

Overall, it is good place to stay,hopefully after their renovation, it will more appealing,cosmetically, from inside and outside.

Room Tip: I think, you better request to let you know which room are they going to allocate. the rooms with ca...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback regarding your stay at the Heath Court, and I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your visit. I will pass your kind comments on to the Team.

We have now completed refurbishing our Public Areas including the Restaurant and will be moving forward with our Meeting and Event rooms in the near future (they were the rooms being used as the temporary Bar and Restaurant during the refurbishment).

I am looking into the fixing of the televisions and cabling issues that you have raised.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to review the Hotel and I do hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Oswestry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 August 2014

7 of our family went out for dinner, we were not made welcome, whole restaurant smelt of bleach, service was poor, 1 starter didn't even turn up and waiter didn't realise, food greasy... wouldn't go again. complained and no reply.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Lucy249
Dear Lucy,

I am so sorry to hear that you had a poor dining experience with us, I can assure you that this is not the usual standard of Service and Hospitality we extend to our Guests and would apologise that we did not meet them on this occasion.

I was unaware of your feedback, until reading it now,if possible could you please contact me regarding you visit as I would like to personally apologise and obtain further details to enable me to address your feedback with the Team members concerned.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Just to point out that I have written to this hotel with my complaints over a week ago! giving them time to respond before I go public. However, no response so here goes. Myself and 7 friends ate in the restaurant last week. We were the only party in. We ordered and then waited 40 mins for it to arrive...with no explanation as to why it was taking so long. When it did arrive, mine was Okay but my colleagues monkfish was dismal..it was about the size of a fish finger, shrivelled and not appealing. Other dishes were about the same standard. We ordered desert...again, a long wait and then when mine came, I sent it back as it was Luke warm. Such a disappointing night's food..shan't be returning.

3 Thank Budslat
Thank you for your feedback, I would apologise for your letter not being responded to in a timely manner, I had forwarded it to my Kitchen Manager to enable him to respond to you directly.

I understand that he has now addressed and resolved your comments and concerns, if however I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Should you wish to discuss anything with me further, please do not hesitate to contact me and I would offer my personal apologies for your dining experience and the delay in responding to you.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 July 2014

we stayed for 5 nights for the july festival of racing an had a great stay at this hotel.First of all the staff were excellent they were worth the 5 stars on their own,nothing was too much trouble for them.The food was also of a very high standard ,breakfast was lovely and had everything you could want,and on the other occasions we ate there it was of a high quality with excellent service.The rooms were very clean and clean sheets everyday,there were a few very small issues with our friends room but nothing to bad to leave any negative comments on,i sometimes wonder what some people expect when they visit hotels like this as although there were some very small,niggly complaints we had a great stay and would recommend this hotel to anyone

1 Thank lynda r
Dear Lynda,

Thank you for reviewing the Heath Court.

I am pleased to see that you and your friends enjoyed your stay and that the Team looked after you, I do hope the weather didn't dampen your spirits at the Races!

You mention a few niggly complaints, if it is not too much trouble, please Email me with these so that I can address them in order to enhance our Customer Experience.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Heath Court.

london
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I will keep it brief.....

- Dark, small, old, dirty bedroom. (rate £120)
- 70's olive green bathroom suite. Dirty & stained. Grey looking hard towels.
- Window opened onto corridor. No fresh air; that was much needed.
- Very poor customer service.

Room Tip: They have six updated bedrooms in the whole hotel.
6 Thank bean011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newmarket
Bedford Lodge Hotel & Spa
#7 of 11 in Bury St Edmunds
Travelodge Barton Mills
Travelodge Barton Mills
#2 of 2 in Barton Mills

Been to Best Western Heath Court Hotel? Share your experiences!