“Very Accomodating” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Newmarket
Mainz, Germany
“Very Accomodating”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

I spent several weeks at this hotel in the last 2 months. The facilities are top notch. This hotel has some of the most comfortable beds I have slept on in a long time. The staff went out of their way to ensure I was pleased. I checked in late one Sunday evening, missed lunch and dinner, the staff made me a meal and brought it to my room. Breakfast was delicious, lots of choices, every request honored. I will definitely return.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
HeathCourtHotel, General Manager at Best Western Heath Court Hotel, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review the Heath Court, we do appreciate your feedback.

I am pleased to see that the Team consistently offered good service and were aware of your needs, and we made your stay with us a pleasurable one.

On behalf of the entire Team I look forward to welcoming you back to the BEST WESTERN Heath Court Hotel.

feedback@heathcourthotel.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Chesterfield
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

A very nice hotel, clean and with very nice staff. Lovely big bedrooms and bathrooms. Plenty of hot water and fluffy towels.
However although the buffet breakfast was great I advise visitors to eat out for dinner which we found poor, although the wine was very good. Shame about dinner.
Excellent location for watching the gallops and the racing.

Room Tip: Go out for dinner. Some rooms have views of the gallops
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to review the Heath Court and for your constructive feedback, I will address your comments with the Team.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Newmarket, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

A Group of Family and Friends had a superb meal at this Hotel. With good parking facilities,very friendly helpful staff a pleasant and relaxed ambiance. I was also pleasantly surprised that the Restaurant and Bar and much of the Hotel have been altered and revamped to a high standard,we sat in a very intimate booth and didn't feel at all rushed and nothing was to much trouble for the staff, One of our party only eats chicken or turkey which was not on the carvery menu that day,the Chef especially cooked a chicken breast for her she stated that it tasted lovely and I have to say looked yummy. The meal was well priced and good value for the money. I would not hesitate to recommend the food at this Hotel and have gone back since and have equally excellent service and food

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Melanie S
HeathCourtHotel, General Manager at Best Western Heath Court Hotel, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear Melanie,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback, it is always appreciated to learn that we are doing things right and that the Team were attentive and looked after you, as all our food is freshly prepared we always try to accommodate.

I am pleased that you like the look and feel of our newly refurbished public areas and I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you and your Family and Friends back to the Heath Court

Robert Nobbs

Ringwood, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

Stayed for one night. Excellent location to New Market town.Having read some of the reviews on here before staying i was a little worried that we might have booked something awful.Some of the reviews i have found dont match with what we had.

The staff were extremely helpful and very pleasant, nothing was too much trouble. Our room was clean and comfortable no nasty smells either. The decor was clean and tidy. We dined here that evening and had a wonderful meal not into frozen chips so was glad they were home made. the coffee was good and plenty of it.

Breakfast the next morning was self service they actually cooked your eggs in front of you to which you could have any type again nothing was too much trouble. The quality of service and food was very good .

I for one would definately stay here again and certainly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HeathCourtHotel, General Manager at Best Western Heath Court Hotel, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear Kimbo,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Heath Court, and I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Your kind feedback is greatly appreciated and I will pass your comments to the Team, who I am sure will be as pleased as I am that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I look forward to Welcoming you back to the BEST WESTERN Heath Court Hotel.

Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

On arrival at the reception I was greeted by a very friendly lady also the assistant manager, extremely Smiley very smart and welcoming. The reception looked new modern and clean. My room was very clean nice bathroom tea /coffee/ biscuits extremely comfortable information about the area and fast free internet. The breakfast was great full English which was included in the room price, the staff were very quick in reacting in requests for more tea etc. check out was quick and friendly. I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: It was my first time at the hotel and my room was quiet and overlooked the gallops
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HeathCourtHotel, General Manager at Best Western Heath Court Hotel, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Dear Maureen,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback , and I am pleased to see that the Team were welcoming looked after you during your stay with us.

I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Heath Court.

London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

We stayed at this hotel when we went to visit Cambridge in March this year. We had booked for room plus breakfast. Location of the hotel is good as it is bang on the highstreet of Market town.
The Hotel was undergoing the renovation, so there was effectively no entrance or reception. The first impression was not very good although, it changed once we located the reception and a helpful staff who guided us to the makeshift reception area.The reception was a small desk between the hallway to rooms and restaurant.
The lady at desk was courteous and she informed us about our upgrade to the hotel suite. apart from all the construction and renovation work going through, the site was safe enough for my 2 yr old kid to run around. The staff didn't mind his exploring nature.
The suite was good although the view from window was ruined by car park. Itwas very spacious (my son ran around the room during our stay )and clean. The ensuite bathroom was very clean and everything else was in line with the expectation from a 3 star hotel.
Only negative point inside the room was its TV. It was not placed in child friendly way,i.e it was in middle of the room and if my son would have pulled the wires, it would have toppled. Now, I would say, the staff would have known this and may be while allocating our suite, they could have given us more child friendly one. But this is not a problem,if you are couple or group of adults.We didn't request any other room, so I guess, I should not complain.The bed was comfortable too as we had a undisturbed night. We had dinner at the restaurant downstairs and it was good. The restaurant,although had a tacky decor like an old pub,but was full of diners. I hope they renovate the restaurant too.
Next morning, we had breakfast at the restaurant. The manager was very attentive and even obliged with my request of Lemon Tea (although I was surprised-he didn't know what the lemon Tea was) Check out was fast and staff at the reception again were very courteous.

Overall, it is good place to stay,hopefully after their renovation, it will more appealing,cosmetically, from inside and outside.

Room Tip: I think, you better request to let you know which room are they going to allocate. the rooms with ca...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback regarding your stay at the Heath Court, and I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your visit. I will pass your kind comments on to the Team.

We have now completed refurbishing our Public Areas including the Restaurant and will be moving forward with our Meeting and Event rooms in the near future (they were the rooms being used as the temporary Bar and Restaurant during the refurbishment).

I am looking into the fixing of the televisions and cabling issues that you have raised.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to review the Hotel and I do hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Robert J Nobbs
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newmarket
Bedford Lodge Hotel
Rosery Country House Hotel
BEST WESTERN Priory Hotel
BEST WESTERN Priory Hotel
#7 of 11 in Bury St Edmunds

Been to Best Western Heath Court Hotel? Share your experiences!