“wonderful stay”

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Newmarket
Surrey, United Kingdom
“wonderful stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

I chose this hotel for distance to my event and the value of money and I wasn't expecting much but I was so surprised the staff were so friendly and helpful. The room was clean and so comfortable. The food was so good and quick and really quality. The parking which I had worried about was fine and there were plenty of places. The pre booking online and meal deals made it so quick to book in and out. Fantastic.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Bexhill-on-Sea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

Stayed for 4 nights here. First room offered looked out across a/c machinery on the roof adjacent to window (Rm 125). Friendly, helpful receptionist moved us to Rm 321 with views across the hillside gallops.
Only thing that lets it down is the parking across the road in a multi-story.

Maidstone, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

Wow, what a great hotel. I have stayed in some high class hotels over the world but I must say this is by far one of the best.
The staff were very polite and friendly.
The rooms very clean and modern.
All in all it was a great hotel and we could not have asked for anything better.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

I stayed on business. Arrived after driving 5 hours to be welcome by a friendly guy at the front desk. He gave me everything I need and directed me to my room.

A bit later I realised I had forgotten my phone charger so I pop to reception and asked if they had any. He looked through all they had and when he didn't have one. He called the tesco superstore and asked them if they had any in stock. Then gave me directions to get there. Explained the parking situation as when going to tesco it took me past the 7pm open car park.

He was so happy the whole time he helped and when I returned was genuinely happy for me that I had got a charger. Such a great experience and level of service.

Highly recommend.

• Stayed July 2014
North Yorkshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

Great staff. Everyone knows what you get at Premier Inns and I stay at many on business. But on vacation visiting family with better half this hotel provided a really good pit stop. Staff really genuine and helpful. Breakfast made to orders it is a smaller Premier Inn. Would definitely stay again.

Brentwood, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

My elderly mother and myself stayed at the Newmarket Premier Inn for five nights recently. My mother is in a wheelchair, so we stayed in the large twin with wet room.

Our location was third floor, which was absolutely fine as the lift goes straight to -1 and the wheelchair access door. Very easy access from this point, or just through the Ormonde ground floor restaurant.

The room was very large, and the usual Premier Inn comforts. The TV was slightly on the small side in my opinion, and subsequently the sound slightly 'tinny' as the TV was built into the wall fixture. A small point though.

Point also to note for all hotels with a disabled wet room, a wall seat with an open shower is much more preferable than just an elongated bath.

Staff were very helpful and always available, and the adjoining Ormonde restaurant was above average with an excellent cooked-to-order (rather than hot buffet) breakfast or Continental of a morning. Superb.

Location couldn't be better - right in the centre of town, next to the high street and The Guineas Centre. No taxi required! Only major drawback is car parking, or even just drop off/ pick up. Basically very limited, but check with reception.

Recommended.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Funkhauser
Exeter, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

We were visiting the open days at Cambridge and this hotel was an excellent cheap option when we found budget options in Cambridge all full. Quiet, very conveniently positioned, and an easy drive to the park and ride.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family