“Perfect for a Race Night”

Premier Inn Newmarket Hotel
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Newmarket
Essex
“Perfect for a Race Night”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We stayed at the Premier Inn in Newmarket for the weekend - we checked in online which was simple - we preprinted our parking ticket (limited spaces but free parking) - the situation of the hotel is in a perfect location right at the top of town with easy access to everything. We had a lovely room on the 3rd floor - everywhere was quiet -we had breakfast in the Restaurant which was very nice and reasonably priced. We used the hotel bar one evening, bar staff v friendly and prices surprisingly good for a hotel

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 July 2014

This is a typical Premier Inn and as with most of them "it does what it says on the tin" - the rooms are clean, a good size - comfortable beds and this one has air conditioning so a bonus. The location is good - a few minutes from Newmarket Town Centre and the gallops are just a few minutes drive away. There is a pub restaurant within the hotel and the food was good and wholesome. The only negative - and it is a small one - is that the car park is across the road BUT there are 28 free parking for Premier Inn Guests - and if you arrive after 4.00p.m. then the entire car park is free overnight (if the 28 spaces are taken) and is secure - as it is only open overnight to Premier inn Guests.

Room Tip: All rooms are the same
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Surrey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I chose this hotel for distance to my event and the value of money and I wasn't expecting much but I was so surprised the staff were so friendly and helpful. The room was clean and so comfortable. The food was so good and quick and really quality. The parking which I had worried about was fine and there were plenty of places. The pre booking online and meal deals made it so quick to book in and out. Fantastic.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Bexhill-on-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Stayed for 4 nights here. First room offered looked out across a/c machinery on the roof adjacent to window (Rm 125). Friendly, helpful receptionist moved us to Rm 321 with views across the hillside gallops.
Only thing that lets it down is the parking across the road in a multi-story.

Maidstone, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Wow, what a great hotel. I have stayed in some high class hotels over the world but I must say this is by far one of the best.
The staff were very polite and friendly.
The rooms very clean and modern.
All in all it was a great hotel and we could not have asked for anything better.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

I stayed on business. Arrived after driving 5 hours to be welcome by a friendly guy at the front desk. He gave me everything I need and directed me to my room.

A bit later I realised I had forgotten my phone charger so I pop to reception and asked if they had any. He looked through all they had and when he didn't have one. He called the tesco superstore and asked them if they had any in stock. Then gave me directions to get there. Explained the parking situation as when going to tesco it took me past the 7pm open car park.

He was so happy the whole time he helped and when I returned was genuinely happy for me that I had got a charger. Such a great experience and level of service.

Highly recommend.

• Stayed July 2014
North Yorkshire
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Great staff. Everyone knows what you get at Premier Inns and I stay at many on business. But on vacation visiting family with better half this hotel provided a really good pit stop. Staff really genuine and helpful. Breakfast made to orders it is a smaller Premier Inn. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newmarket
Best Western Heath Court Hotel
#2 of 2 in Barton Mills
Tuddenham Mill
Tuddenham Mill
#1 of 1 in Tuddenham

Been to Premier Inn Newmarket Hotel? Share your experiences!