Rosery Country House Hotel
US$114
US$148
US$96
Priceline
All reviewsgarden roomlovely gardenmain buildingfour poster bedand free wi fifull englishquiet locationevening mealchoice of cerealsnewmarket racesshower headnewmarket towncooked to perfectionribeye steakbooked a tabletea coffee making facilitiessunday lunch
Reviewed 4 June 2012

I have stayed here twice and I must say I am surprised by some of the comments on here. First stay I was in the Coach house, not a million miles to walk and adequately furnsihed. No need for heating as the room was baking from the heat from below, thats probably my only criticism. Second stay I was placed in a very well equipped questhouse in the garden. Lovely four poster plus a huge wet room all for the same price.
I only stayed here because m usual haunt in Newmarket was full and I was very glad to find such an alternative. The staff were very friendly, food was good and sensibly priced, not always someone behind the bar but you can't have everything.
I hasten to add that I have not stayed in the main building which is where some of the complaints seem to be aimed. But I have a very relaxing stay

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
5  Thank IAN J
Reviewed 20 May 2012

We stayed here for a trip to the races at Newmarket and would definitely return.
I called ahead the day before to arrange to leave my car on the car park so that we could get a taxi to the course so that a few drinks could be consumed!
We arrived at 11:30am and the room was already available for us. We were allocated one f the garden rooms and were not disappointed. The room was well equiped and clean throughout.
The en-suite was beautiful with the wet room being a nice feature.....for wet room please read shower for several!
The owners were kind enough to arrange taxi transport for us to the races.
We booked a table for the evening and he meal was of a good standard and excellent value for money. A good choice of starters and main dishes were followed up by a selection of traditional desserts.
Breakfast the following morning was a treat with normal selection of cereals, juices, etc and then came the full english. Again, a very good standard with local produce included.
Overall a very nice stay and a place we shall return to.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Finbar2966
Reviewed 7 May 2012

We stayed in this hotel at the weekend as a base for the races at Newmarket
we had one of the garden rooms which was excellent The room was tastefully decorated with a huge bathroom My only critisism was that the towels had seen better days & could have done with being a bit bigger Bed was very comfortable & all amenities in the room were of good quality The table & chairs outside of the room are a nice touch- shame we didnot have the weather to sit out & enjoy the views of the delightful garden from them Breakfast was very good -using local ingredients - which is an important factor
Although parts of the hotel look a little tired the staff were all very pleasant & helpful
As it is only 10 minutes form the racecourse it makes an ideal base for staying over without the hustle & bustle of Nwemarket town centre on a saturday night Exning is a lovely quiet village with easy access to the town centre
we would certainly stay here again

Room Tip: ask for a garden room
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank papapp
Reviewed 4 May 2012

Last minute booking done through an agency to attend a funeral. Given probably the worst room in the hotel more like a furniture store room than a bedroom. On main road and noisy. Given a family room not needed, Cheap double bed, tatty bedside table, one chair two dining chairs two coffee tables mismatched chest of drawers, single bed and cobwebs on the light fittings. Reception area had broken light bulbs one light fitting hanging at an alarming angle no charm whatsoever. Food ok, decent value but my husband's plate had a huge chip out of it which was unacceptable. There may be refurbished rooms but ours wasn't one of them. Staff pleasant but no reason to return ever.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mosi47
Reviewed 3 April 2012

We were looking for a regular location to host an evening conference and dinner for approximately 20 people and were shown a lovely private room. When the staff were informed at the last minute that there were actually 26 delegates, which would be too many for the previous room, they rapidly converted half of the restaurant into a well planned and suitable layout, without any complaint at all. Their professionalism and accommodation continued when one delegate also arrived without a reservation. The three course dinner was excellent and served rapidly and without disturbance to our conference. The menu was varied, well cooked and well presented.
The delegates all commented how great this evening was and we couldnt have made it a success without the help of the Rosery. We ended up staying quite late and the staff patience was exemplary. We will now look forward to using this venue for this event at least three times yearly.

Incidentally, I have also previously stayed in this hotel overnight and the rooms, staff and breakfast could not be faulted.

A great little gem.