“Excellent tea and cake” 5 of 5 bubbles

Nancy's Teashop
Ranked #1 of 7 Coffee & Tea in Newmarket
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Herts,England
“Excellent tea and cake”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013

Visited Nancy's tea shop on a recent visit to Newmarket. Fabulous decor and the staff were friendly and welcoming. We had the carrot cake and some orange cake. Both were delicious really moist and tasty. Will definitely be back to try breakfast and lunch!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank primroseunited

Fordham
“Tea room lacks good service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2013

I had spotted this place on my way home a few weeks ago, today I suggested to my friend we take the kids and check it out. Very pretty decor (could use some bunting) and very friendly staff, menus etc were all nicely printed so you could see an effort had been made. Took forever for our order to be taken and once it had the waitress came back to tell us 2 of the items were sold out :( ordered something else along with some drinks and my issue here is they charge £1 for a glass of squash when in fact it is a tiny toddler size plastic beaker!!!! Day light robbery IMO, drinks came and when they were almost drunk the food finally arrived and was not at all as described which saddens me as the effort with the mismatched chintzy plates was lovely just the truck load of margarine I could've done without! Waited forever for the waitress to come back and take our order for cake which weren't too bad actually but then had to wait a ridiculous time again for the bill! If more effort was put into the service and food quality as well as banishing those ridiculous beakers then I'm sure this pretty place could possibly rival some of the other tea rooms I have frequented.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank CLP64
Woking, United Kingdom
“All I expected”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

We stopped off at Nancy's on our way home after a short stay in the area. It had been recommended by friends and we were not disappointed. The decor was amazing and it had a very relaxed, welcoming atmosphere. The choice of teas was extensive; we both went for a specialist fruit tea. Very refreshing. Our lunch was freshly prepared and delicious. Would be passing on the recommendation to other friends.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
West London, United Kingdom
“Not to be missed - Amazing afternoon tea”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

Being a big fan of afternoon tea and reading the reviews about Nancy’s on trip advisor I decided to take a trip from London - I am so glad I did! This has to be one of the best afternoon tea experiences I’ve had! The shop itself is beautiful with wonderful finishing touches, the staff are very attentive and helpful, the tea selection is unique which compliments the AMAZING scones, cakes and sandwiches served with the afternoon tea. The mini lemon meringue and the brownie had to be one of the best I’ve tasted – well done to the chef! The afternoon tea is great value and makes a lovely afternoon out. Not to be missed!

London, United Kingdom
“Outstanding tearoom with truly amazing cakes!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

Visited Nancy's on a trip up to Newmarket / Cambridge from London. I have had the absolute pleasure of afternoon tea at some of London's highest ranking hotels and department stores (if you're a fan of afternoon tea then you know who i'm talking about). Let me tell you that none of these will compare to Nancy's!!

The entire experience was lovely, warm, welcoming and most importantly DELICIOUS. The best afternoon tea i have ever had - hands down!

The sandwiches were flavoursome and really tasty, each one was a total sensation but the real star of the show was the pastries, cakes and scones! Oh my, what a tier full of heaven!! Everything looked and tasted amazing. Warm, yummy, moist scones followed by the selection of beautiful looking treats were an absolute assault on the senses (in a good way). Even my friend who is incredibly fussy with food ate every last mouthful (he'd never had afternoon tea ever before!).

Met Nancy and her daughter who were both an absolute delight, adding to our experience with great recommendations for tea and general merriment. Nancy's recommendation for a par-tee with a cheeky bit of gin in it was a revelation! Not sure what one reviewer was on about commenting on manners?!?

I could go on but in short, try it for yourself, i'm very sure you won't be disappointed. Even if just for a slice of brownie and a yummy tea-blend. The best brownie ever! Well worth the trip from London!