“let down”

Price range: US$20 - US$40
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 26 April 2014

four of us visited the Maybush Inn today as was recommended from a friend, main meal was very nice and enjoyed, all decided on deserts all was fine apart from a Eaton Mess started eating it found a 2inch black hair running through it as you can imagine it put me off straight away !! called the waitress over said what I had found, she went oh took it away I had already said I didn't want another as it had completely put me off, after that not one other person came over and apologised, which I thought was very bad on the Maybush Inn.
I will never been returning there again.

1  Thank malcolm p

Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

The Maybush is in a fantastic position and the garden is the most beautiful place to sit on a sunny day with friends and drinks - the food is outstanding - have heard the Fox is reasonable and the chefs are supposed to be rather good and slightly better than the mermaid..... - next visit I do believe

1  Thank Kirstygal74
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Lovely place, friendly staff and food was amazing. Would definitely reccommend! Will definitely be back!

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Lovely setting, we have been many times, however today we decided at last minute to have lunch. Being a Coeliac myself it is always difficult to have a snack in a pub, The Maybush is no different. My husband came back from ordering his burger and he said he had ordered me the Chargrilled chicken caesar salad with no croutons. When the waiter came with our lunches, I was amazed at what was placed in front of me. A bowl of iceburg lettuce with a few parmesan shavings and some cold anaemic looking chicken. My husband gave me his coleslaw, which made my boring salad edible. It is so easy to make a dressing that is Gluten free, and maybe now is the time to stock gluten free products for people like me. why oh why do some establishments ignore the public. Gluten free is a dietary requirement not a fad. Would be nice to be treated normal.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Have visited the Maybush on many locations to enjoy a drink during the evening whilst sitting outside watching the boats on the river etc and thoroughly enjoyed every minute.

However, decided to have evening meal here recently and would certainly not race back just for food. The food was very bland and i think over priced for what we had.

The worst bit for me was the wait at the bar and then eventually when i did get served (may have been by the landlord? - the only person not in a uniform) , no apology was given for the wait and he was very abrupt and actually talked down to me in front of alot of people and was made to look small. I nearly felt like telling him to stuff it because of his attitude. The money was litually snatched and the change thrown back. Who ever this member of staff may be, they certainly need to learn some customer service skills.

So recommended for a drink and perfect location but not for staff attititude and food :(