“Good food - fairly expensive - visit when it's not busy” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Cross - CLOSED

The Cross
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Woodbridge, United Kingdom
“Good food - fairly expensive - visit when it's not busy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2011

The service can be slow, so make sure you only go at off-peak times if you're in a hurry. The menu is delightful and this omnivore certainly doesn't miss meat or fish when eating here. Don't expect it to be cheap, though, as it's not.

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank BOwm23

Maldon, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent service, menu and ambience. Highly recommended”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2011

A great restaurant with an imaginative menu. The atmosphere was excellent and the friendly staff were very attentive. My only slightly negative comment was the portions were a bit big so I couldn't manage 3 courses. Great value for money as well.

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank david p
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Will go back again and again.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2011

My husband and I Live approx an hour away from The Cross and have now been here twice. We will be returning too and recommending it to ours friends. The food is delicious. I am a vegetarian, my husband is not. There is a fantastic choice of vegetarian dishes on the menu, but meat eaters will always find something deeply satisfying too. The service is very attentive with friendly genuine staff who do actually care whether or not their customers will return. The atmosphere is cozy with just enough tables for it to be private. A fantastic restaurant in a lovely town.

1 Thank Kelsy72
Woodbridge, United Kingdom
“Pure quality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2011

Superb original food served by nice people. Very friendly and unique restaurant/pub.

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank GerryWiley
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A hidden gem and somewhere we will definitely return to”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2011

I will keep this very brief and avoid going into detail about every aspect of my evening (unlike some of the other reviews).

My wife and I were on our honeymoon and had a few days relaxing in Suffolk. We stumbled upon this place and we were both blown away by how good it was. This may have been due to the fact that we were on cloud 9 but nevertheless, everything was perfect.

I am as carnivorous as they come but my wife is vegetarian and we both ordered with ease and were delighted with what we got. It was inventive and beautiful to look at and even better to eat.. The mood was relaxed and certainly not pretentious and the general buzz around the place was that everyone was enjoying themselves. The service was relaxed and informal and we were allowed time between courses to converse and never felt pressured to hurry along.

We will return to the Cross and will definitely take others with us next time!

P.S. - The wall art is worth a visit alone!

• Visited August 2011