“A refreshing change from technology, bright lights and noise!!”
Review of Easton Farm Park

Easton Farm Park
Ranked #5 of 36 things to do in Woodbridge
More attraction details
Owner description: This is a children's open farm which has been operating for over 30 years - a great place for children to interact with animals.
suffolk uk
52 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 145 helpful votes
“A refreshing change from technology, bright lights and noise!!”
Reviewed 30 July 2011

I took my own children here over twenty years ago, 4 active boys and they loved it. I now take my granddaughter aged 7 and she loves it just as much. I can see why some people don't like it and think it is a rip off. It is important to take time to interact with your children and explain, with help from friendly staff, how animals grow and develop. You won't like it if you are seeking bright lights and noisy machines. You will like it if you like, and want your children to appreciate, beautiful countryside and farm life. On the face of it you might think there is not much there but this place has a curiously calming effect on children it has a very safe family atmosphere, older children can run round freely amongst the trees and enjoy the outdoor play area and the animals are wonderful. Included in the price are pony rides and 'barrel rides. There are loads of toy tractors for toddlers and ample indoor play area and picnic area. This is a 'chip free' zone both the computer sort and the edible kind. There are cafes with fresh healthy food reasonably priced or you take a picnic. The family ticket, two adults two children is £28 and there is no need to pay more once inside .My family willingly spend a whole day there and sleep well afterwards. Recommended, especially for ages 3 to 8. My tips...take the directions off the web site, google and sat nav struggle with this remote location and take time to note the crinkle crankle wall in Easton village

Visited July 2011
4 Thank smartesthorse

Nottingham, England
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Excellent farm with lots to keep the children out of trouble.”
Reviewed 9 July 2011

This is a great farm for young children. It may be a little more expensive than some, but that's because you don't have to keep paying extra for the activities. There's a different activity every half hour from 10.30am until 4.30pm. We spent 2 weeks there staying in one of the holiday cottages and my 3 year old didn't tire of visiting the farm. She got much enjoyment out of 'hug a bunny', pony & cart rides, thomas train rides, barrel rides (which are 100% safe contrary to the review below), pony rides, egg collecting and more. Even my 8 month old found excitement to be had.
Admitedly it's a small farm and you can walk round it fairly quickly, but there's plenty to do to keep children occupied and there is a lovely long walk around the fields and by the river.
There were sheep & lambs, chickens & chicks, pigs & piglets, goats, horses, ponies, donkeys, cows & calves. There's plenty to play on too.
As for the holiday cottage, this was excellant and great value for money. We will certainly be going back again.

Visited July 2011
2 Thank cmy
Ipswich, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Awful and a rip off!!!!”
Reviewed 14 April 2011

Went to Easton Farm Park as a lovely day out with my son who is two and half..... was shocked to see that you have to pay £7 for a child from 1-16 years old (not much difference!!!!) I feel this is a rip off. My son was a bit bored not much to do and not a lot of animals to see for what was almost £24 for a day out.
They had a small 'ride' ,which can only be seen to be believed.
It is a golf buggy towing a number of cut out plastic oil cans on wheels! it is called the buggy ride. I went over to take a look at the ride to see if it was suitable for my son to ride on, and found that the children ride on there own, with only a lap strap over them.........looked very dodgy and how it ever passed health and safety I will never know.
As to say I won't be going back, when for a extra £5 I can spend and entire day at Colchester zoo with far more to do.

Visited April 2011
4 Thank NatGEE
Woodbridge, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Terrible, small, few animals and over priced”
Reviewed 1 April 2011

Awful afternoon. Took my son for his 1st birthday, cost over 15 pounds just for me and my husband, thankfully my little boy is not yet walking otherwise would have been nearly another 7 pounds! Few animals, no sheep or baby lambs as there used to be there. Took us 30 minutes to walk round. Highlight was the baby goats. But can honestly say Jimmy's farm, or even anybodys farm! would have been a better day out than this over priced shambles of an excuse for what they say is "A great day out". Was only 15 minutes drive but would not go again even even if we had free entry for life!

Visited April 2011