“Not what I remember as a child - It has potential but misses the mark!”
Review of Easton Farm Park

Easton Farm Park
Ranked #5 of 36 things to do in Woodbridge
More attraction details
Owner description: This is a children's open farm which has been operating for over 30 years - a great place for children to interact with animals.
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Was looking forward to visiting the farm park as I remember having great fun there as a child. From my children's point of view they seemed to enjoy the day despite the distinct lack of animals (particularly baby animals which is what they were really looking forward to seeing!) but from an adults perspective there were many things that I would like to see improved before we think about returning.

Signage could be improved to ensure people don't miss what there is to see. I know a map is supplied but signs would be useful. For example. we were VERY disappointed regarding the lack of baby animals. We specifically came in the spring for this reason. We only just stumbled upon the piglets by accident. They were tucked around the corner near the chickens. My children were really looking forward to 'feeding the babies' activity with instructions to meet near the barn at the front of the farm park. The barn had a couple of lambs in and a few ewes. A large group gathered and much later than advertised 2 girls came and led everyone to a stable so they could look over the gate and watch them feeding a few lambs! We didn't even bother staying. A) because we couldn't really see anything B) what a huge let down! I remember when I was a child there were piglets and lambs all over the place and you could really get to interact with them - no such luck.

Another thing that struck me was the unrealistic list of activities on offer. It was crammed in with no flexibility which meant that if you were at the back of the queue there was no way of really ever getting a turn. Activities were in 1/2 hour slots with no break in between for example 11:00am - Hug a bunny, 11.30am - Pony & cart ride, 12pm - Meet the Babies (includes bottle feeding the lambs according to web site....OH NO IT DOESN'T) 12.30pm - Barrel Bug Ride AND so on and so forth. It was manic!! I would suggest that it is better to have activities lasting 3/4 of an hour to an hour with a 15 minute break (at least) in between each one to catch up with any back log. It was unrealistic and because of this my children were left disappointed on almost all of the activities available.

My youngest son loved driving a little tractor around the farm. This was a lovely touch however from a parents point of view......please check them and maintain them. Most of them had broken / split wheels which made it incredibly difficult for the little ones to use.

The play area was the biggest hit although it was small it was well designed. My boys loved the zip wire. It is such a shame though. We came all the way from Lowestoft and I could have just taken them to Everitts Park and Pets Corner for the amount of contact they had with animals. When visiting a farm really it is the animals that you expectto see first and foremost.

One final blow came when my 3 year old spent all of his pocket money on a toy tractor from your gift shop. It cost him £7.50. It was a JCB tractor and on the shelf it said it was dye cast. We decided to get this as we thought it would be good quality. As we needed a screw driver to remove it from the packaging we had to wait until we got home to open it. As soon as we got it out the tyres fell off! it was clearly not all dye cast and it was complete rubbish. My little boy was beside himself!. Unfortunately we live too far away to travel back and insist upon a refund so now my son is out of pocket gutted.

1  Thank clara h
in 5 reviews
"bouncy pillow"
"animal feeding"

Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

We went here with our two children ( aged 6 and 3) , my brother and sister In-law and nephew ( age 18 months)

The family ticket price of £30 seems a lot but i do feel it's value for money if you stay the whole day as various activities are included

As it's the Easter weekend there was a little egg hunt where the kiddies could collect paper eggs on the way around and then at the gift shop they could get a little prize ! Our children Loved finding the eggs !!

There are lots of animals to see and we enjoyed visiting the pet are ( guinea pigs and rabbits ) we were a little bit offended when one of the lady's working there asked us to make my nephew stop screeching ( he wasn't being OTT just excited as he's only 18 months!) as the bunny rabbits don't like it . :-/ also my son held a guinea pig but no one stood with him to 'speak with him and give him fun facts about the animals which would have made the experience slightly better I feel)

Also we had taken a picnic and although there was ample places to eat - the only hot beverage and drinks areas inside was absolutely packed and we had to 'queue ' for ages ! I think maybe a drinks vending machine could be good or maybe a window ( there is one in the cafe area ) could be opened to serve just drinks - means the queue inside is a lot smaller !

Apart from these little niggles I will most definitely re commend this farm and visit again soon myself

Thanks for a good experience and the new play area & sand pit were a big hit

Reviewed 18 April 2014

We visited the farm park on Good Friday, 3 adults & 1 child aged nearly 5. We had a lovely day with plenty of activities. We arrived around 11.00 & stayed till 4.30. There is so much to keep children entertained, my grandson really liked bottle feeding the lambs, holding a bunny, the pony ride, the bug ride, the tractor ride & the indoor play area in the restaurant. We thought there was plenty of staff about, all who went out of their way to be friendly & helpful & all were so good with the children. We will definitely be coming back again, maybe on a bit warmer day!

Reviewed 16 April 2014

This was our first visit with my two young grandchildren. daughter and husband. A very enjoyable day out lots of interaction with the animals very patient staff and a great pony ride according to my young granddaughter (she's 5).

1  Thank Diane K
See more reviews
Reviewed 11 April 2014

I took my 22 month old daughter with my here during the school holidays. I came here lots as a child myself and thought it be great to show my daughter all the farm animals because she loves them. I glad she was under 2 because I think £7 for 2-16 is very expensive. I was very disappointed with the whole place. I remember being able to see the cows being milked, playing on an old tractor in the park and hiding in the old tractor wheels in the park and spending all day there. Today I done the place in 1 hour. There was no cow milking no more and it was just looking at animals no interaction really. My daughter could seen all this for free walking round the countryside at home.

The state of the place reflects on the management. Broken and poorly maintained fencing that could allowed animals to escape (especially between ponies and goats opposite the Victorian dairy). Also pond not being fenced of that children could easily access and fall in. Also could not understand why the pea-hens and chickens could not run free during the day rather then being cooped up all day.

Also I find it very unfair on your pregnant Suffolk punch due to follow in next few weeks kept in the main viewing area. As someone who has worked with foaling mares the business of that area is not going to help that mare at all with her foaling.

I can say I will not be returning for another visit and would not recommend it to anyone

1  Thank MummyP6
FarmerDoris, Owner at Easton Farm Park, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Thank you very much for your feedback following your visit to the farm. I am sorry you did not have a great time. Much has changed in the last few years regarding open farm visits to improve the health and safety for our customers and staff. Animal sessions are now scheduled in during the course of the day to ensure that messages regarding handwashing are followed and that there is minimal risk of zoonoses. The playareas are regularly checked by ourselves and external authorities to ensure they are as safe as they can be for our customers. We have recently invested in a giant sandpit plus tractor climbing frame and trailer slide in the playground which are proving extremely popular (and safe). This year we have more lambs than ever before on the farm who, together with the kid goats, bunnies and guinea pigs and chicks and ducklings, meet the customers at least twice a day and can also be viewed and stroked in their pens all day. As well as this there are pony rides, pony and cart rides, egg collecting, hug a bunny, meet the Suffolk Punch horse and we aim to ensure that the majority of the stables are full during the day to get our customers as close to the animals as is reasonably practicable.

With regard to Mary, we have been breeding Suffolk Punches in these, our largest stables on the farm, for 40 years. The mare has been moved to the stable in the last couple of weeks to ensure that she is comfortable with her housing in the run up to the foal arriving. She spends the evenings out in the field with Mollie and her days in the stable alongside Mollie who is effectively her "birthing partner". Once we start to see signs of her being close to foaling she will be monitored on a 24 hour basis via the webcam which is installed in that stable.

I can only apologise for our fencing. Unfortunately that field has been hit particularly hard during the winter with the heavy winds. The first tree came down in that field in the October half term and the last tree came down in there about 1 month ago. Inevitably each tree took out some of the fencing so we are still in the process of repairing all the damage that we sustained.

I do hope that this helps. With regard to the pricing we have a schedule of activities from 11am - 4:30pm all of which are included in the entry fee plus 2 indoor playareas, outdoor adventure playground, green trail and lots of space to let your hair down.