“great day out”
Review of Easton Farm Park

Easton Farm Park
Ranked #5 of 36 things to do in Woodbridge
More attraction details
Owner description: This is a children's open farm which has been operating for over 30 years - a great place for children to interact with animals.
Reviewed 10 May 2014

This is a good place for young children to visit, bit expensive to get in, but good fun for the little ones, my grandson is 4 and he had a great time, made even better by a young lad called Alfie who's mum and dad work there, he made friends with my grandson and took him round to show him all the things there. :-) all the staff were very friendly and made the whole thing worth while.

1  Thank sharon h

Reviewed 10 May 2014

We visited Easton Park Farm on a drizzly intermittent pouring with rain day with a 3 and a half year old boy and a 9 month old baby.

As it was outside of school holidays and a bad weather day, there was only a handful of other visitors around. The staff could not have been more welcoming and friendly. Our Grandson was made to feel very special and enjoyed himself immensely on solo train, bug and pony rides.
I thoroughly recommend this attraction.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

We always have a great day, and had even more fun visiting over Easter. As well as lots of well cared animals to look at, kids get lots of free rides. Bug pod ride, pony ride and adults can join them on the pony and cart and Thomas train rides. There are also soft play areas. There was a free Easter egg hunt to enjoy over Easter. There is also a tractor ride, with commentary! Both my children aged 12 and 6 love the park, and I enjoyed the see saw! You can feed the animals, pet the rabbits etc and meet the babies. The staff are exceptionally friendly and helpful and food is reasonably priced. It never feels packed, even when busy. I would highly recommend for a great family day out

Reviewed 2 May 2014

When our children were small this place was frankly useless. So when my wife persuaded me to take the grandchildren there on a Groupon I've got to be honest, I was more than a little skeptical.

However what a pleasant surprise. These days this is a very pleasant day out with the grandchildren indeed. Lots to see and do and pleanty to keep them occupied.

I reckon the upper age limit for kids to properly enjoy is (unless they're animal crazy) is probably 10ish. Our love the small things like collecting eggs and feeding the animals, and to be honest I found the whole day relaxing and pleasant (better than being shut up indoors with the little screamers!)

Thoroughly recommend in spring when there are lots of babies about (but not too busy)- is you can reasonably foresee good weather.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

Was looking forward to visiting the farm park as I remember having great fun there as a child. From my children's point of view they seemed to enjoy the day despite the distinct lack of animals (particularly baby animals which is what they were really looking forward to seeing!) but from an adults perspective there were many things that I would like to see improved before we think about returning.

Signage could be improved to ensure people don't miss what there is to see. I know a map is supplied but signs would be useful. For example. we were VERY disappointed regarding the lack of baby animals. We specifically came in the spring for this reason. We only just stumbled upon the piglets by accident. They were tucked around the corner near the chickens. My children were really looking forward to 'feeding the babies' activity with instructions to meet near the barn at the front of the farm park. The barn had a couple of lambs in and a few ewes. A large group gathered and much later than advertised 2 girls came and led everyone to a stable so they could look over the gate and watch them feeding a few lambs! We didn't even bother staying. A) because we couldn't really see anything B) what a huge let down! I remember when I was a child there were piglets and lambs all over the place and you could really get to interact with them - no such luck.

Another thing that struck me was the unrealistic list of activities on offer. It was crammed in with no flexibility which meant that if you were at the back of the queue there was no way of really ever getting a turn. Activities were in 1/2 hour slots with no break in between for example 11:00am - Hug a bunny, 11.30am - Pony & cart ride, 12pm - Meet the Babies (includes bottle feeding the lambs according to web site....OH NO IT DOESN'T) 12.30pm - Barrel Bug Ride AND so on and so forth. It was manic!! I would suggest that it is better to have activities lasting 3/4 of an hour to an hour with a 15 minute break (at least) in between each one to catch up with any back log. It was unrealistic and because of this my children were left disappointed on almost all of the activities available.

My youngest son loved driving a little tractor around the farm. This was a lovely touch however from a parents point of view......please check them and maintain them. Most of them had broken / split wheels which made it incredibly difficult for the little ones to use.

The play area was the biggest hit although it was small it was well designed. My boys loved the zip wire. It is such a shame though. We came all the way from Lowestoft and I could have just taken them to Everitts Park and Pets Corner for the amount of contact they had with animals. When visiting a farm really it is the animals that you expectto see first and foremost.

One final blow came when my 3 year old spent all of his pocket money on a toy tractor from your gift shop. It cost him £7.50. It was a JCB tractor and on the shelf it said it was dye cast. We decided to get this as we thought it would be good quality. As we needed a screw driver to remove it from the packaging we had to wait until we got home to open it. As soon as we got it out the tyres fell off! it was clearly not all dye cast and it was complete rubbish. My little boy was beside himself!. Unfortunately we live too far away to travel back and insist upon a refund so now my son is out of pocket gutted.

1  Thank clara h