“Nice Hotel,Excellent Location”

Bull Hotel - Woodbridge
Ranked #15 of 21 Woodbridge B&B and Inns
Reviewed 31 January 2012

Stayed here on a Saturday night at the end of January 2012.
Staff gave us a friendly welcome and we were given room 16 which was in the car park.
Nice big room with a seperate room with settee,TV,tea and coffee. Both rooms were very clean and tidy and decorated well.
The bar areas are well decorated as well as the dining room and the evening meal was tasty and is reasonably priced.
The location of this hotel is perfect as it is in the old market area and there is at least 4 good pubs within a 2 min walk.There is also a little cafe and a bistro type restaurant in the square and a couple of other nice looking shops.
If you are looking for a luxury hotel this it is not it.
If you are looking for a friendly hotel that is smart and clean you will be happy here

Woodbridge is a great place to spend a day or two and has a nice walk along the river.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 28 January 2012

I stayed for two days whilst attending a friend's wedding nearby. I had room 2 which bears no resemblance to the pictures of the bedrooms on the website. It was tired and dated with a broken chest of drawers and a broken lampshade. The sink in the bathroom ran hot from both taps! I did mention this to one of the staff who said she would report it, but no one checked it or apologised. On my first morning at breakfast I had to go and find the waitress, having waited in the breakfast room for 15 minutes with no sign of anyone. She rather abruptly told me that I was not on the list and she thought everyone had been served. She did however apologise and take my order. After breakfast another member of staff let herself into my room without knocking, looked startled and told me she expected it to be empty! At nearly £80 per night for B&B I had expected better. I wouldn't recommend it.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank tigerbetsy
Reviewed 12 January 2012

i was booked into the Bull Hotel in Woodbridge as i was in the area for work. I was delighted with the warm welcome and it seemed tasteful and cosy. The owner took my bags up to my room and the Chef made me a delicious meal even thoigh it was past serving time. I chatted for a while to the owner whilst i was eating and thought him to be pleasant. I went back to my room and ordered a glass of wine and he offered to bring it to my room. He entered my room using his own key and did not knock. When he came in he hung around for ages and went in my bathroom and sat on my bed. I asked him to leave and he asked me if i wanted company and then grabbed me. I told him to go. i was a bit shaken up by this and out the door on the snek. I then got in the bath only to hear him trying to get in the room using the key, again without knocking. I was really frightened. He then phoned my room to ask me again if i wanted company. The whole experience really shook me up. He didnt seem to take no for an answer and everytime i heard a noise in the night i thought it was him. It is not safe for women travelling alone to stay in this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
24  Thank Emma P
Reviewed 1 January 2012

Hotel is ok, good size bedroom with en-suite bathroom, room needs a deep spring clean while inspecting dust around surfaces and mold around the windows.
Breakfast was included but ingredients and quality wasn't great overall.
Location is great being right in the middle of Woodbridge and easy walking distance everywhere.

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed 17 November 2011

i cant fault The Bull, i arrived on tues and was instantly made welcome! The service was warm and friendly and the food was fantastice!!! would visit again without a doubt!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank MrsMar11
Reviewed 11 November 2011

We booked the Hotel for our wedding on the 5th of November, Paul the owner and his daughter Cheryl helped us choose the menu and made sure our bonfire wedding went with a bang. The food was excellent as was the atmosphere, Paul even closed the entire place so we could have exclusive use of the bars! Breakfast the next day was good even if the guests were a little hung over!!! Would reccommend highly

Room Tip: Go for a suite