We stayed at The Crown in Woodbridge on our way to the annual Suffolk Show and what a great surprise it was to find such a top quality hotel! Sometimes when you walk into an establishment you know straightaway that everything will meet your expectations and this place certainly does that. Everything from the staff, the manager, the food, wine and also the spotlessly clean and airy rooms all is a real credit to this hotel. To top it off - it is exceptional value for money. The food menu and the quality of the food deserves an extra mention - some of the best real British food we've ever had.
It's one of those places that will make us go to Woodbridge again just so we can stay here. Woodbridge itself is a great and classy little place with lots do to - walking around the harbour with an ice-cream or enjoying a pint of Adnams in one of the many beautiful pubs. Pure class.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Crown in Woodbridge offers all that is great about escaping to the country, with all that is good about staying in a wonderful market town. With old fashioned inn keeping in a modern setting, we boast ten magnificent boutique bedrooms, a bustling bar and a real Suffolk food experience. Situated at the end of the thoroughfare in the heart Woodbridge, we are ideally situated for all of the great things that the town, surrounding countryside and Suffolk coast have to offer. If your passion is walking, sailing, horse riding or you simply have a love of good food and drink, you will find it all at The Crown and nearby area. We are open for breakfast, brunch, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner. Head chef Darran Hazelton showcases all that is great about Suffolk's local produce, reflected in our food offering that includes a mix of rustic and refined dishes, with simple, high-quality ingredients coming alive on the plate. Our bustling cocktail bar serves everything from local beers and ciders to the latest trend cocktails. We also have an extensive and well-balanced wine list that appeals to all tastes and preferences, reflecting our passion for high-quality wine. Long or short, sharp or smooth, there is sure to be a drink to suit your mood. The upstairs of our historic building has been transformed into luxurious yet affordable bedroom retreats, created by award-winning London based designers, Bentheim. With goose-down pillows, crisp cotton bed linen and underfloor heating with high-quality toiletries and personal touches to match, staying at The Crown is a enchantingly relaxing and satisfying experience. With a laidback and often thriving atmosphere, where traditional meets modern and rural meets cosmopolitan, you are sure to have a unique and highly memorable experience, whatever the occasion. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your The Crown at Woodbridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Crown At Woodbridge Hotel Woodbridge
- Crown Hotel Woodbridge
- The Crown At Woodbridge Suffolk