Stayed here overnight for business purposes. Very easy to find just off the A12. This is a lovely old house dating back to 1530 or thereabouts with all the character you'd expect.
Once i'd checked in the receptionist said, "Charles will take your bag and show you to your room." So Charles was summoned and he did just that. Up the creaky stairs, over the uneven floor to my room. Must admit I was getting worried as, even though the place was spotless, it was a bit ramshackled, but I should not have been.
I had a thoroughly modern room in keeping with the age of the building - all beams, thick walls and leaded windows. Free fast wifi was promised throughout and I was very sceptical but it worked and so did i! The modern wall mounted TV had a limited range of Freeview channels - but that would be down to reception in the area. Modern bathroom with a limited supply of toiletries but with the best towels I've ever seen/used. Good range of teas/coffees in the room and even a tea pot - small cups though.
The restaurant was closing early that night but I am one for room service when I am on my own. However the choice was limited - full meals or sandwiches, nothing in between. So I popped to the local supermarket.
I was worried about sleeping. The bed was an old wooden frame with scary carvings, I watched a particularly scary episode of Silent Witness and I could hear floorboards creaking. But I slept like a baby in the comfiest bed I've ever slept in apart from my own. Until the local geese woke me at about 6am.
Good shower with lots of hot water and lots of pressue. The hair dryer provided was a travel type but it was reasonable powerful - better than my own.
I did not have breakfast, having an early meeting.
All in all - a great place to stay. I'll certainly go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful four-star luxury hotel and spa offering an ideal base to explore the county of Suffolk - from the local Suffolk coast featuring popular destinations such as Southwold and Aldeburgh to Constable country visiting villages such as Flatford and Dedham. Steeped in history, the magnificent red brick Tudor building is over 500 years old and is complemented by the modern facilities of the newly refurbished Seckford Spa, adjacent to the main hotel building. Perfect for business or pleasure, the hotel is also a wonderful Suffolk wedding venue with acres of beautiful grounds and a lake. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Seckford Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Seckford Hall Woodbridge, Suffolk
- Seckford Hall Hotel Woodbridge