“2 nights @ Seckford Hall very Special”
Review of Seckford Hall

Seckford Hall
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Woodbridge
Reviewed 15 October 2012

We have just returned from staying 2 nights at Seckford Hall, it was for a special occasion so i booked the featured Seckford Room, the experience from start to finish was amazing , the staff where very friendly and very efficient , the Restuarant manager's attention to detail was spot on , the food in the Restuarant was superb , the wines where very reasonably priced , the presentation and portions where spot on.
The Room was spendid and Grand , perhaps lacked a mini bar ( but perhaps that is not in keeping with the room) , the gardens , rooms, facilities were everything i hoped for , i would recommend this Hotel to anyone wanting something special.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
MarkSuddes, Operations Director at Seckford Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2012

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your two night stay here at Seckford; I have passed your comments on to the Restaurant Manager, Pawel who joins me in thanking you for this positive feedback.
Our rooms in the main house don't have mini bars mainly because of the aethestics of the room, however all our Courtyard Rooms do have them as standard.
I am sure we will see you soon again at Seckford Hall Hotel and Restaurant
Best wishes
Mark

Write a ReviewReviews (1,062)

Reviewed 12 October 2012

Just been today and had a meal from their new menu. I had the Dingley dell pork belly, which was cooked perfectly, soft and melting and full of flavour. The OH had the haddock and chips, which he said was really good. We both had the scotch egg for starters, although i would have prefferred it on a plate rather than the slate tile it came on, it didn't detract from the flavour. the service was great and the dining room is lovely. Will definatley be goig back again, thought it was very good value and the menu was great.

1  Thank ninavey

Thank you for taking the time to thoroughly review your dinner here at Seckford - I am encouraged that you enjoyed our brand new menu - thanks for letting other guests know of your experience.

Reviewed 11 October 2012

I had a really lovely evening at Seckford Hall last night. I have always loved the magnificent house and setting, but now the food and atmosphere does it justice. The freshest fish I have had outside a Cornish fishing village and not a disappointing note throughout all four courses. The new menu is so attractive that I am lloking for excuses to keep going back and work my way through the choices. And afterwards the so relaxed atmosphere in that unique ancient sitting room, good coffee and attentive staff made us all very reluctant to leave. (Sorry, staff, if we kept you up). A perfect place now for private and business socialising. So good to see its potential being realised - with the best of the wonderful old being preserved and a modern approach to warm hospitaility carefully introduced. I feel as if a dear old friend has had a makeover and come out sparkling!

Room Tip: Treat yourself to a four poster - its in the perfect setting.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Frances B

I am so pleased that you enjoyed our new menu which we launched last week - I am thrilled that as you live so close to Seckford Hall we will get the opportunity to welcome you again in the near future.
Tell your friends!
With very best wishes

Reviewed 8 October 2012

This review applies just to a prebooked lunch party at Seckford Hall. I have never posted a review for any hotel or restaurant before but my experience has driven me to post on this site.

During pre lunch drinks the waitress went around the group minus the bottle of wine asking "Does anyone want a refill"? I guess training the staff on the correct way to serve drinks is lacking.

During the lunch we experienced chaotic service. I was handed a plate containing a gravy jug and apple sauce with the waitress asking if I could put it on the table. Maybe this simple task was beyond her? The wating staff served us over both left and right shoulders attemping silver service and failing. I don't think I have ever seen so much food dropped on the guests, table and floor. The pudding was fruit salad. Absolutely no attempt at presentation just dumped in a cereal bowl. I have no idea of the cost of this meal but I guess it was not cheap. The food - roast pork and vegetables - was adequate but fell well below good pub standard as did the service. I cannot recommend this hotel as a lunch venue.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
MarkSuddes, Operations Director at Seckford Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2012

I am so sorry that you did not enjoy your Sunday Lunch party last weekend here at Seckford Hall Hotel - I know that my colleague who inadvertingly spilt soup apologised for this accident at the time. I am also sorry that you did not like the way that the fruit salad was served from the dessert trolley in the restaurant featuring 6 different puddings either.
I know that my colleague spoke to the host on the day who commented that they had a lovely luncheon; I am sorry that on this occasion, we did not match your expectations.
Mark Suddes

Reviewed 7 October 2012

Beautiful Tudor building in verdant gardens.Slightly on the expensive side but worth every penny.The food and wine was excellent and all the staff were friendly and very helpful.The service was slick and the Restaurant Manager was so obliging that after dinner he had the foresight to place chairs and sofas in the lounge for our coffee and chocolates.Not easy to accommodate 18 guests arriving together but Chef had prepared us a special Menu which was delicious.Not too happy with the lunchtime sandwiches in the bar however.Overall a very enjoyable 3 days and a hotel I would recommend and certainly visit again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank DenisGLoughtonEssex

Thank you for your review following your recent break with us here at Seckford Hall Hotel - we thoroughly enjoyed looking after your group - thank you for choosing Seckford Hall!

Reviewed 4 October 2012

Me and my partner stayed at Seckford Hall on October 1st as a little treat and that it was. From the moment we approached the driveway we were spoilt with the picturesque building which continued throughout our whole stay. We stayed over in the courtyard area; Our room consisted of a large bedroom with a four poster bed and built in television, a huge en suite bathroom with a jacuzzi bath and built in television, also a very large lounge area with dining facilities, a kitchenette, a second toilet and washbasin, a second bedroom and a lovely little patio out the back. I was overwhelmed to say the least! We didn't get the chance to use the gym or spa facilities but both looked stunning. Our evening meal was delicious, we had three courses for 31.50 which was unbelievable - I definitely recommend the tiger prawns to start. All staff we extremely attentive continuously topping up our wine and meeting all of our needs. The lady on the bar was so cheery and truly topped off our night with her wonderful character. The managers were very welcoming and for once it was great to see them front of house which isn't the case at many places. I cannot praise Seckford Hall enough and would jump at the chance of staying again. Thank you very much!

1  Thank Lauren A
MarkSuddes, Operations Director at Seckford Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2012

What a lovely review following your recent stay with us - thank you for taking the time to write such a comprehensive review. I have shared your comments with the rest of the team and do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Seckford in the near future

Reviewed 2 October 2012

We visited Seckford Hall yesterday to meet up with some family for a meal. The food was fantastic, although I am not a vegetarian I can definitely recommend the vegetarian risotto,it was excellent. The desserts were also very tasty. The service and staff were extremely helpful and catered to our every need. Overall an excellent experience was had by all.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
MarkSuddes, Operations Director at Seckford Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2012

Dear Emma
Thank you for your lovely review after your lunch party here at Seckford Hall - we are much more than a venue for special events open all week for 'Ladies who lunch' such as yourself! I have passed your feedback onto the chef in relation to the risotto - I am pleased that you enjoyed it!
See you back at Seckford in the near future
Best wishes
Mark

Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodbridge
Ufford Park Woodbridge Hotel, Golf & Spa
#1 of 1 in Hintlesham
Milsoms Kesgrave Hall
Milsoms Kesgrave Hall
#1 of 1 in Kesgrave

Been to Seckford Hall? Share your experiences!