Seckford Hall is a lovely looking tudor building with sensitively added on extensions set in parkland with a lake. There is a separate building containing a leisure centre, free to residents, with a small swimming pool, jacuzzi and spa area. Adjoining this is what might have been the old stable block containing some two roomed suites.
We were a group aged between 70 and 2 and were made very welcome on a weekend stay. Despite being a rather upmarket costing and looking place, the young staff group made our stay a delight. Because the staff are so accommodating, civil and helpful, we felt very comfortable. Any requests we made were met in a non-fussy way.
We were in a number of different rooms, all of which were adequate, including those in which we had requested extra beds for the young kids. The quoted rates are room only but if you add on an extra £11 or so per person, that gives you the bed and breakfast rate. Kids get breakfast for about £6. The breakfasts were very good.
The dining room is spacious and well presented, with a variety of table sizes, and a staff very happy to aggregate tables to fit larger groups. The quality of the food at dinner varied between good to excellent and cost about £35 for three courses. There is also a good early evening (6.30pm) menu for kids for a good value £10 per head. The menu was quite limited, a good thing. The wines had the usual approx 300% corkage. But again the delight was that the staff were smiley, unfussy, good fun and helpful.
There is a cosy bar off the dining room, and a cocktail bar. The bar had one Adnams draught beer on but apart from that the pumps served a variety of fizzies, lagers and cider.
Places like this can be inhabited by snooty and intimidating staff. At Seckford Hall the opposite is true.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful four-star luxury hotel and spa offering an ideal base to explore the county of Suffolk - from the local Suffolk coast featuring popular destinations such as Southwold and Aldeburgh to Constable country visiting villages such as Flatford and Dedham. Steeped in history, the magnificent red brick Tudor building is over 500 years old and is complemented by the modern facilities of the newly refurbished Seckford Spa, adjacent to the main hotel building. Perfect for business or pleasure, the hotel is also a wonderful Suffolk wedding venue with acres of beautiful grounds and a lake. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Expedia, getaroom.com, LateRooms, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Seckford Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Seckford Hall Woodbridge, Suffolk
- Seckford Hall Hotel Woodbridge