The restaurant has been upgraded since I was last there and the decor is really smart and compliments the beautiful building.
Service was efficient and friendly, and the starters were of good quality however the main courses were dreadful with tough over cooked steak (it was ordered medium) and exactly the same for the lamb. The lamb was changed however that was not the point.
Deserts were OK as was the cheese board.
Selection of wines good, however at nearly 90 pounds per head (due to wine selections) not that good value. A shame, if the meat could be cooked correctly it would of been a superb evening.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful four-star luxury hotel and spa offering an ideal base to explore the county of Suffolk - from the local Suffolk coast featuring popular destinations such as Southwold and Aldeburgh to Constable country visiting villages such as Flatford and Dedham. Steeped in history, the magnificent red brick Tudor building is over 500 years old and is complemented by the modern facilities of the newly refurbished Seckford Spa, adjacent to the main hotel building. Perfect for business or pleasure, the hotel is also a wonderful Suffolk wedding venue with acres of beautiful grounds and a lake. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your Seckford Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Seckford Hall Woodbridge, Suffolk
- Seckford Hall Hotel Woodbridge