Seckford hall boasts one of the most impressive arrivals of any country house hotel, with a stunning facade and chimneys set amongst landscaped gardens. Arrival itself is not the easiest with no porterage and a heavy door to negotiate before finding the small reception desk. It sits in the very stylish ground floor which marries the building's history with contemporary class. If only the same could be said for the bedrooms. Ours was tiny - barely enough floor space to open a case - and overlooked the delivery area, meaning we were woken daily from 630am. Construction workers also added to the unholy dawn chorus. The room itself featured an attractive carved bed but was totally impractical in size and amenities, especially for our extended stay of 4 nights due to a family emergency.
Also disappointing was the smartly designed and attractive restaurant's food. It was pedestrian catering college at best, featuring microwaved dishes and for me a wholly inedible steak. The waiter had the good grace to remove it from the bill when I left it barely touched. Seckford also features a swimming pool which again perfectly encapsulates the place. It's housed in a beautiful and impressive barn but boasts changing rooms that would shame a municipal swimming pool in 1979. Scary showers, unclean floors, bizarre lockers and towels which had never been fluffy.
Clearly substantial amounts have been spent to renovate seckford by its new owners, so it's a shame that the obvious attention to detail in design and layout is sorely lacking in the areas that really matter.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful four-star luxury hotel and spa offering an ideal base to explore the county of Suffolk - from the local Suffolk coast featuring popular destinations such as Southwold and Aldeburgh to Constable country visiting villages such as Flatford and Dedham. Steeped in history, the magnificent red brick Tudor building is over 500 years old and is complemented by the modern facilities of the newly refurbished Seckford Spa, adjacent to the main hotel building. Perfect for business or pleasure, the hotel is also a wonderful Suffolk wedding venue with acres of beautiful grounds and a lake. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your Seckford Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Seckford Hall Woodbridge, Suffolk
- Seckford Hall Hotel Woodbridge