My word what have they done to dear old Seckford Hall? Having arranged to meet up again with friends for a drink we were confronted with what can only be described as a bar more suited to the tv series “The only way is Essex” they appear to have glazed the wood panelling installed a log burner, I ask you a log burner in a property as old as Seckford Hall.
As for the carpet well it certainly belongs in a bedroom rather than a so called “Champagne Bar”. I had heard the owners had spent a fortune on the refurbishments, well get a proper designer in who knows about historic buildings and how to use the basic asset first and foremost. We were going to eat but having heard from other guests about the food we certainly were not going to waste our money………..how you miss the old owners, he might have been a character but the place had some style unlike the hotel now.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful four-star luxury hotel and spa offering an ideal base to explore the county of Suffolk - from the local Suffolk coast featuring popular destinations such as Southwold and Aldeburgh to Constable country visiting villages such as Flatford and Dedham. Steeped in history, the magnificent red brick Tudor building is over 500 years old and is complemented by the modern facilities of the newly refurbished Seckford Spa, adjacent to the main hotel building. Perfect for business or pleasure, the hotel is also a wonderful Suffolk wedding venue with acres of beautiful grounds and a lake. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Seckford Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Seckford Hall Woodbridge, Suffolk
- Seckford Hall Hotel Woodbridge