We went to Seckford Hall for the first time since the refurbishment and words cannot describe how disappointed we were. The charming atmosphere of the restaurant and lounge has been completely destroyed by the refurbishment. The restaurant has a cold feel to it with a brown Lino floor and modern furniture which really did not go with the surroundings and as well as a cold feel it also was cold which did not help matters. When we reviewed the menu there was nothing any of us really fancied eating . All of the dishes serve with odd combinations. I settled on the roasted monkfish which was under done ,small and very little evidence that it had been roasted it came with spring onions and a curry sauce which just did not go.My husband had a quiche with boiled potatoes as he did not fancy anything else on the menu it was more like a pub meal. There was no sea food or white meat on offer. None of us had a starter as we could not see anything that we liked . The deserts also did not quite hit the mark . We had the baked strawberry cheesecake but the consistency wasn't quite right and as my daughter said it was not nearly as nice as the one served by Prezzos and there were less strawberries too.
We had coffee in the lounge which has been completely ruined the champagne bar was deserted and resembled something you would expect to find in a night club not in an Elizabethan manor house. There were three different age ranges in our party that evening and none us found any of the changes appealing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful four-star luxury hotel and spa offering an ideal base to explore the county of Suffolk - from the local Suffolk coast featuring popular destinations such as Southwold and Aldeburgh to Constable country visiting villages such as Flatford and Dedham. Steeped in history, the magnificent red brick Tudor building is over 500 years old and is complemented by the modern facilities of the newly refurbished Seckford Spa, adjacent to the main hotel building. Perfect for business or pleasure, the hotel is also a wonderful Suffolk wedding venue with acres of beautiful grounds and a lake. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Seckford Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Seckford Hall Woodbridge, Suffolk
- Seckford Hall Hotel Woodbridge