I am not quite sure how I missed it..........this hotel describes itself as luxurious..........and it isn't. The approach to the hotel, the restaurant and the garden are all carefully designed, well tended and fit the four-star description However our stable-block suite was far from luxurious - it was trapped in the 1970's, frayed round the edges and lumpy in places. Housekeeping was hurried, the bathroom floor had been mopped but was still dirty.
The positives include the wonderful location; our pre-breakfast walk was beautiful. The hotel's restaurant served a good dinner and great breakfast. But, back to the disappointment, the stable-block bedrooms didn't match the main building's quality, and, if there is a refurbishment programme, marketing material should make it clear that accommodation needs a long-overdue overhaul. And not charge 4* rates...............
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful four-star luxury hotel and spa offering an ideal base to explore the county of Suffolk - from the local Suffolk coast featuring popular destinations such as Southwold and Aldeburgh to Constable country visiting villages such as Flatford and Dedham. Steeped in history, the magnificent red brick Tudor building is over 500 years old and is complemented by the modern facilities of the newly refurbished Seckford Spa, adjacent to the main hotel building. Perfect for business or pleasure, the hotel is also a wonderful Suffolk wedding venue with acres of beautiful grounds and a lake. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Seckford Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Seckford Hall Woodbridge, Suffolk
- Seckford Hall Hotel Woodbridge