We stayed here for one night (5th April) in room 224 - good size room with a lovely view over the golf course, couldn't have asked for a better room! Modern TV with a DVD player too and a modern bathroom. Room was very clean apart from a little more dusting needed in the lampshades and cupboards. Tea/coffee making faciltiies in the room with many different teas and hot chocolates, with complimentary biscuits too!!
We arrived slightly early to check-in but the reception staff were extremely helpful and accomodating, allowing us to drop off our lugggage as well as a slightly earlier check in to our room which we were very grateful for.
The spa was excellent and very good value too, at £12.50 per resident of the hotel - ever so relaxing, and done out very well with the thermal suite in the middle. We loved the relaxation room where you could lay on deck chairs while drinking herbal teas with a star light cieling. We spent 2 hours in the spa and we found towards the last part, it was only us and another couple using the spa so there was plenty of room and very peaceful, felt like we had private hire of the spa! We were also given a guided tour of the spa which we thought was very good.
Free use of the pool, the jacuzzi and the steam is included in the price so there is plenty to do, as well as a pool table in the bar and a quiet room for reading which was very peaceful. Free WIFI aswell.
We had our evening meal at the bar which was cooked freshly and the service was very efficient, food was delicious and although not cheap, we thought it was fairly priced at around 10 pound a main course.
A huge strength of this hotel is the staff, everyone we spoke to was so helpful and done everything to make our stay as enjoyable as it could be. There was a problem with the fire alarm going off twice in the night, which meant we had a very disturbed sleep. We mentioned this to the reception in the morning and after speaking to the manager, we were able to keep the room on for a few more hours which we were very grateful for.
A few improvements: the double bed was actually 2 single beds put together which wasn't particularly comfortable, breakfast finished at 10 on Saturday which we found to be a bit early, but we are not early risers - however, a possible improvement would be the option of a late continental breakfast.
Overall, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and thought it was excellent value for money. We would definitely go again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ufford Park Woodbridge Hotel, Golf & Spa is set in 120 acres of historic parkland less than 12 miles from Ipswich town centre and is therefore the perfect affordable destination for Spa, Leisure & Golf Breaks. Either as a couple, a group or as a family - With golf course, swimming pool & gym, thermal Suite Spa, bar & restaurant it is an excellent family owned and run modern hotel. Friendly helpful staff and fantastic views. Children & Pets welcomed. Open all year round - great Winter Break options. Top Winter golf course. 4 Star Luxury Spa. Ample free parking & Free Wifi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, LateRooms and Ebookers so you can book your Ufford Park Woodbridge Hotel, Golf & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Ufford Park Hotel, Golf And Spa
- Best Western Ufford Park Hotel, Golf Hotel Woodbridge
- Best Western Woodbridge
- Woodbridge Best Western
- Ufford Park Woodbridge Hotel, Golf & Spa Suffolk